• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Miquelet lock work

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a Miquelet lock I got off TOTW and it needs a bit of work done to get it functioning better. Functions as is but not great. It is a very strong lock however and I see potential in it. Frizzen doesn’t fully cover the pan when closed there’s some large gaps around it. The cock jaw hits the frizzen very early on close hindering the opening of the frizzen. And overall it is just way too heavy of a pull to be normal. I haven’t fitted it to a rifle yet to see but it feels exceptionally heavy. Does anyone know anyone who could fix it up for me? I don’t even know where to start. Cabin creek? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_7237.jpeg
    IMG_7237.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 2
I have a similar one. You need to realize with the sear rest polished and greased, and leverage from a trigger, it will be a lot easier to fire. A bit “ creepy” but not too bad. It has a removable frizzen face. I would make a new one from spring steel , a copy of the old one. The gaps you will just have to live with, use 2 f as the prime, with a little beeswax around the gaps. This is a Turkish flintlock, or from around those parts. Be careful taking it apart, that heavy mainspring will hurt you if you’re not careful. These had strong springs on purpose to use poor flints. Mine works great!

I have a similar one. You need to realize with the sear rest polished and greased, and leverage from a trigger, it will be a lot easier to fire. A bit “ creepy” but not too bad. It has a removable frizzen face. I would make a new one from spring steel , a copy of the old one. The gaps you will just have to live with, use 2 f as the prime, with a little beeswax around the gaps. This is a Turkish flintlock, or from around those parts. Be careful taking it apart, that heavy mainspring will hurt you if you’re not careful. These had strong springs on purpose to use poor flints. Mine works great!
View attachment 322718
Oh wow that thing works amazingly! That’s a thing of beauty!

Back