• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Military Heritage Flint Pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Happy New Year.

They sell a pistol called the British New Land Cavelry Pistol, MTS-018.
What I'm trying to find out are two measurements.
1. Width of the barrel at the widest point of the breech ?
2. The length of the lock plate, and the width at the widest point ?

Thought possibly another Forum member might happen to own one - or an original.
I left MH both a phone message and an email. But their Website mentions they are weeks behind in answering emails.
Thanks for any help.

Rick

Undoubtedly Indian made, certainly not Italian or Spanish.

Indian guns range from good to horrible, and are usually not proofed. Parts will be extremely difficult if not impossible to get.

Based on those customer reviews, I sure would not buy from them.

Happy New Year All.

Actually, all I really need is the lock from this pistol for another one of my strange projects. :haha:
Here is an Afghan bring back that is a 100% Tourist item. It was never made to fire. I plan on turning this into a shooter. The lock and barrel are basically junk metal. Amazing the lock actually works. It's not even very old. It is a crude attempt to copy the British EIC pistol above. Anyway, the proportions of the lock mortice inlet (looks like someone did it with a pocket knife LOL) appear to be about the right size for the copy EIC pistol lock on the replica. That's why I was asking about the lock plate measurements. It would be the right style, and if the plate is close in size, I can make it work.
The barrel on the gun measures right at 13/16" octagon. But it looks like it's rounded on the bottom (?) But the barrel tang is nailed to the stock LOL. I might (?) be able to use the tapered, round barrel off the replica EIC pistol. But I think the breech end might be too wide. If so, I can always order a 13/16" pistol barrel from TOTW and go from there. I don't plan on retaining the swivel ramrod, but we'll see.
I haven't seen this pistol offered by any of the other Indian gun sellers. And since it would not have a vent hole drilled, would be an advantage assuming I can use the barrel.
But since the seller does not seem to be able to answer questions, I thought I would ask here about the measurements on the chance someone already owns this pistol. Thanks again for any help.

Rick

I purchased a few some time ago. Teak stocks, sloppy triggers and even sloppier locks. I would advise doing business with U.S. companies. Middlesex Village.com is in New England, gets these guns probably from the same vendors, but disassembles, works the locks, drills vent holes and makes sure the gun is safe to shoot. The downside? I have been waiting since last March for mine. BF

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I finally received a call back. Unfortunately, the lock from that EIC pistol won't work. The width is good, but the length is too short.
I guess I'll have to rumage through all my original locks and see what I have that might work. LOL
Thanks again.

Rick

Back