• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Military heritage brown bess

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all!
I ordered a military heritage brown bess on tues 1-9-24. I received this auto email the day I ordered, it is now 9 a.m. on Thurs no shipment confirmation as of yet and the money has not been pulled from my account. I will keep ya'll updated with confirmations and ship time as I go through the process!
*edit* my assumption is it will ship next Thursday 1-18-24

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240111_062446_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20240111_062446_Gmail.jpg
    312.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Hey all!
I ordered a military heritage brown bess on tues 1-9-24. I received this auto email the day I ordered, it is now 9 a.m. on Thurs no shipment confirmation as of yet and the money has not been pulled from my account. I will keep ya'll updated with confirmations and ship time as I go through the process!
*edit* my assumption is it will ship next Thursday 1-18-24
Looks like the same email I received 2 years ago. I did receive my order in a timely fashion, and the musket was in excellent condition. I am completely satisfied with my purchase.

Just googled the rifle. Great deal! May be looking into that myself! Difficulty drilling touch hole? Accuracy at say 75yds? How they shoot with shot?
I can't imagine drilling the touch hole will be difficult. I'll measure out where the breach plug ends(to ensure I don't drill into it) then clamp the barrel real well on my drill press! I've been told by multiple folks to use a 1/16" bit. As far as accuracy/pattern with shot I will be posting all of that here as I shoot and test the gun out

I can't imagine drilling the touch hole will be difficult. I'll measure out where the breach plug ends(to ensure I don't drill into it) then clamp the barrel real well on my drill press! I've been told by multiple folks to use a 1/16" bit. As far as accuracy/pattern with shot I will be posting all of that here as I shoot and test the gun out
Lining the hole up with the pan is more important. If the breech plug is fouling that spot, you have serious issues.

On the 77 Charleville I got from them, the breech plug threads ran past the touch hole, however, the breech plug itself has a cavity. Although it will work this way, I don't personally like it. I started with a 1/16", but you may find 5/64" to be more your liking on these. I've heard from others that they even prefer 3/32". If you go larger, start small anyway and step drill it, you don't want a bit breaking off.

On the 77 Charleville I got from them, the breech plug threads ran past the touch hole, however, the breech plug itself has a cavity. Although it will work this way, I don't personally like it. I started with a 1/16", but you may find 5/64" to be more your liking on these. I've heard from others that they even prefer 3/32". If you go larger, start small anyway and step drill it, you don't want a bit breaking off.
Good to know! I'll start small and see how well it performs. I can always step it up if need be

What you have described, has been my experience with my 1795 Springfield. It has very good ignition now.

Just googled the rifle. Great deal! May be looking into that myself! Difficulty drilling touch hole? Accuracy at say 75yds? How they shoot with shot?
Accuracy of my dog lock that uses about the same barrel is good to fifty yards. Beyond that it falls off fast. I could hit a deer at a hundred yards …. Somewhere, but not a clean kill shot except by chance
I can be sure of a paper plate sized hit at fifty a one and three chance of a compleat miss at a hundred

Latest posts

Back