• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Military heritage brown bess

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm getting a new vise setup in the next week or 2 l. Have any of you filled the breech plug on one of these indian made muskets? What would you fill it with? I've bore scoped my barrel and confirmed I'm having trouble getting that cavity cleaned out
Could you be more specific? Why are you trying to fill it? Semper Fi

I wouldn’t

I wouldn’t fill the hollow part of the plug, that could go horribly wrong.

I’d send barrel to Bobby Hoyt and have him fasten a new plug.

He’s does great work.
Ah I ain't too worried about it! Just curious what people's thoughts on it were. This is what mine looks like. The scope photo is my barrel. The other belongs to leadball loader

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240222_130006_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240222_130006_Chrome.jpg
    714.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Photo_2024-02-14 18_11_13_378.JPG
    Photo_2024-02-14 18_11_13_378.JPG
    787.3 KB · Views: 0
Hey all!
I ordered a military heritage brown bess on tues 1-9-24. I received this auto email the day I ordered, it is now 9 a.m. on Thurs no shipment confirmation as of yet and the money has not been pulled from my account. I will keep ya'll updated with confirmations and ship time as I go through the process!
*edit* my assumption is it will ship next Thursday 1-18-24
They are reproduction right? What's ur plans for it hunting?

Ah I ain't too worried about it! Just curious what people's thoughts on it were. This is what mine looks like. The scope photo is my barrel. The other belongs to leadball loader
You don't need to fill it, just notch the plug where the touch hole is drilled so the touch hole can be drilled correctly. Semper Fi

Latest posts

Back