• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

middlesex flintlock double barrel shotgun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Opportunity! $1200 takes mine! Haha.

In all seriousness if u have a month or two to look i imagine one will pop up. Someone is always looking to sell to finance another project.

there are two for sale on this forum. :doh: :redface:

im talking with one of the sellers now. im looking at buying the one with a small dent at the end of the barrel. i figure i can pay someone to fix the dent for me and it will be good as new.

-matt

It takes a lot of work by a highly skilled gunsmith to perfectly regulate double barreled rifles or shotguns. That's one reason they cost so much. When you pay so little for a double barreled gun, do you really think that you have any reasonable expectation for the barrels to be properly regulated? One barrel shooting h'yar and the other barrel shooting thar sure isn't going to put much game in your bag.

Billnpatti said:
One barrel shooting h'yar and the other barrel shooting thar sure isn't going to put much game in your bag.

You're right, it just adds to the "dammit factor"! Considering the way doves fly, shooting this way and that might be useful!! :haha:

My brothers pedersoli is about six inches off left on one barrel. My navy arms is dead nuts where i point it. Im lucky or na does a good job. I do not know which

Navy Arms contracted their SxS's from Pietta and then Pederesoli. Doesn't mean that either can or can't be rebreached, but it's not "Navy Arms" dependent.

At any rate, it's worth thinking about.

im having to hold off on this project. Xmas gifts are gonna cost me too much. will see how the $$ is coming in a few months from now.

-matt

Good to know. Thus far im getting no recommendations on who should rebreach it. Know anyone worth spending on?

graybeard said:
Posters here have said that for only a few bucks more you can get a kit with great materials. Well, there are many of us who lack the skill and the tools to do any more than to turn a collection of great parts into a worthless firearm. :redface:

Weeks old post, I know, but I thought it bore repeating. I think that's quite a legitimate beef with the get-a-kit folks. I have neither the tools nor the skill to build a kit gun. I could finish an in-the-white gun, but they often cost near as much as finished (in other words, still too pricey for my wallet). The India guns allow us unskilled po' folk ( :haha: ) to enjoy guns we could never touch otherwise, and they're fun to shoot, even if they are only approximations of historical designs. :thumbsup:

If you get a fizzer you will find you will need those skills to get it going and working .

I ordered one and it should be here in the next week or 2. When I get it I will post some good detailed photo's.

Latest posts

Back