• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Matchlock / mace

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PitchyPine

69 Cal.
Reaction score
I`m not going to get as far as i thought today, bandsaw blade broke and nowhere close to get a new one. So will have to cut out parts the hard way till i can get too the big city.

matchlockmace1.jpg

Pitchy,
It always amazes me how fast you turn this stuff out. Great looking piece!!! :thumbsup:

WOWThat looks cool. :thumbsup:
I'm curious about the rest.
What cal. did you take for your M/M :hmm:

Oh man, just see Pitchy with his Matchlock/Mace on a Grizzly hunt. :grin:
:hatsoff:

man, it sure dont take you long to get a project rolling ,looks good ,it`s just going to be too cool. not only could you shoot a deer with it but if you missed you could run him down and (ka-Bong) him. but, "me thinks you don` :bow: t miss very often"

Thanks gents, got a little more done like the hand gaurd, lock plate and pan.
It`s a 50 cal. smoothbore. :)

lockplateon.jpg

WOW :shocked2: You are truly insprirational. I'm gonna have to add this to the list...but first, I gotta see how you make the lock.

Did you run welds down both sides of each of the blades?

Hey Pitchy, how long is your mace and what is the weight. :hmm:
Man, you are really fast. :thumbsup:

:hatsoff:

coehornboy said:
WOW :shocked2: You are truly insprirational. I'm gonna have to add this to the list...but first, I gotta see how you make the lock.

Did you run welds down both sides of each of the blades?

Yep, wire feed down sides then ground off smooth, or semi smooth.

UT, it`s approx 20 inches long, that`s as long a piece of barrel i had laying around.
The linkage is going to be fairly simple, a pivot system like on the pistol i made. I was going to make a linkage like is on a colt loading lever but this is not the project for that.
Not sure about the weight but it`s barrel heavy, going to be awkward to shoot.
I could of finished it today but i`m beat, will have er done tomorrow. :)

hmmmmmm.... :hmm: ...might have to adapt a snappin lock to one..or perhaps a pole-axe

IMG_0982.jpg

But then again. always wanted to make a simple wheelie.

Keep them pictures coming!!

Other than a pan cover it`s ready too shoot.
Have to go over it with some sand paper and steel wheel and smooth things up a bit.
That was fun, thanks guys and nice looking lock coehornboy. :thumbsup:

serpopen.jpg

serpclosed.jpg

:bow: WOW WOW WOW WOW :bow:

I am really amazed at your speed and tenacity.

Are you going to blue, brown, paint, or let it go natural?

:v

Thanks, not sure about the finish, prob leave it natural. Camera flash makes it look terrible. After i get it smoothed up and test fired tomorrow i`ll take a pic outside.

Wholly Cow Pitchy :shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2: You done already :) :)
That is cool :hatsoff:

Pitchy, when you take the pics tomorrow could you get a closeup of the lockworks.You've given me an inspiration :thumbsup:

Back