• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

maple stock project

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob1961

62 Cal.
Reaction score
well i'm back from my friends shop after useing his band saw to cut for the butt plate....also have my dremel tool kit and carving chisels so i can get started on the final fitting now....just have to pick up some sandpaper and tru-oil or tungue oil for finishing it off....not sure which yet....any ideas on which to use....will post some pics when i get started............................bob

well i have the tang, trigger, trigger guard, and the barrel lug hole for the wedge pin done so far

112666.jpg

just have to bend my tang down in the back cause of the 1" of drop the new stock has over the old one

112668.jpg

once i get going on the buttplate and lock inletting i'll be ready for finishing

112669.jpg

hope to have this going so i can get to the range and start shooting this gun again.....................bob

I know the feeling but remember the old oriental saying"

PATIENCE GRASSHOPPER. :: ::

It's going to be a beaut!!

hey bob looks like you are on the roll,how did you make out with the trigger guard in the rear?

Thats one pretty piece of Maple.Looks like it's comming together nicely.Hope to do one like it not too far down the road. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gifGordy

i moved it foreward 3/32" in front of the trigger so it mated with the tang screw thru the stock....the next pics will be the before and after ones..........................bob

just did a water wet down today after light sand down to see what the oiled look might look like....boy is it going to be real nice oiled....could not get good pics..........bob

Bob,
Don'y yell at me... Was this a kit gun or did you build it from stratch?

Slowpoke

slowpoke when did i yell at you???????????? no it's not a kit or scratch gun....just restocked my T/C hawken flintlock that's all.............................bob

Hey Bob...
Where's the bucket?

It's MAPLE SEASON, I see you stock is tapped but there's no bucket to catch the sap... :winking: :haha:

And since you stock was part of a maple tree, I figured... ::

lol...never thought about it like that....i'm going to go get my pail right now....and soon to be enjoying some waffles and maple syrup......................bob

Dunno about the sap, but by the way the curl is showin up bare like that, just imagine what a looker she'll be all dressed up!

Regards, sse

Bob,
You have never yelled at me. I just didn;t want to seem insulting when I asked the question.

Slowpoke

nothing insulting about a question like that....the only way that you get to know something is to ask a question....just looking at the pic's you didn't know what i was doing....i just misread your post i guess....

SSE you should have seen her wet....lol....just have to wait to get my dremel router attachent to finish the lock inletting...............................bob

your a riot musketman you just keep us in stiches....lol....................bob

Back