• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Making My List For Santa

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R.M.

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I'd like to draw on all of your collective knowledge, and pick the right flinter to put on my list to Santa for a Fur Trade Era gun.
I've got it narrowed down to a .54 slow twist, either a GPR or a Pedersoli Frontier (I think that's the model). I'm leaning towards the Lyman but......
What are your recommendations, and why.

TIA
R.M. :thanks:

Kind of a tough choice there, both are nice guns. I think the frontier is the same gun the blue ridge. Not sure though. Not sure if the frontier is slow twist, I was thinking 1-48 twist, nothing wrong with that though. A friend of mine has the blue ridge and is a very accurate rifle, good lock, got 90 shots on the flint that came with it. That says a lot for the lock. But those darn GPR's, are good guns too. I had a GPR flintlock kit gun that I sold a couple years ago, wish I still had it. I think the GPR might be a little easier to clean, take out the 2 wedges and the barrel comes out. The stock also has a bit more drop to it, which is comftorable to me. If you are close to a Cabelas, ya might want to go and compare the two. flinch

Latest posts

Back