• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lyman great plains rifles quality question..

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Earl Burlin said:
I'm having a hell of a time picking between a Lyman GPR and a Pedersoli P53 Enfield 3 band.

The GPR would be more practical and less expensive, but God do I love the P53 Pedersoli has out now...

Not to be a smart alec, and I am a fan of the GPR, but I have also bought numerous guns of various types over the years because they were cheaper and could do the same thing that the more expensive guns I really wanted could do. If the Pedersoli is what you really want, I would buy it instead of the GPR, because even if the price is more, it is still cheaper than buying the GPR now, and then buying the Pedersoli in 6 months, or a year, or 5 years, in addition to the GPR. Get what you really want, because you just may kick yourself every time you look at the gun you "settled for" and wish you had gotten the other one instead.

canyon said:
I have one, and I bought it about three years ago, and I love mine, accurate, looks great shoots great.I wouldn't trade it for anything, you can have my wife, but not my dog or gun. :grin:

Is she a looker? Can she cook? Clean guns/fish. PM me :rotf:

I find this thread very interesting,I'm going to follow it.I have a Lyman GPR and GPP I bought 22 years ago.Man, they are still going strong. Great walnut stocks,wood to metal fit,ect.

About 10 years ago the gun stopped shooting as accurately as it had before. I could not figure it out. I checked the bore,I checked the sights,I worked up different loads, nothing helped.So I put her in the closet and hung my head.

A few years on, I had to get glasses.Low and behold, my gun started working again! Must have been a magic closet! JA

Latest posts

Back