• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lyman?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blew it up from the OP's pic for those on their phone or a small screen. The 2023 is shaded a bit but legible. Anybody got any ideas? We've been told for over a year now that they are kaput and supposedly parted ties with Investarms over 2 years ago. I cropped out the I logo but it can be easily seen in the original photo.
1698109811871.png

I ordered a Lyman from TOTW very early in 2022. After 3 months of no stock I cancelled the order. Early this summer I got an email saying the rifle was in stock but I'd already purchased a new Investarms from Dixie so I'll never know the manufacture date on the Lyman. Oh well.

I have two Lyman rifles one I bought in 2003 and this one I bought from TOTW earlier this year in July , paper work that came with both is identical. I will post 2 pictures of the Lyman inspection form (front and back) the inspection date is 5/15/2023. And as posted earlier I also believed that you couldn’t get a current Investarms made Lyman and actually was expecting an old new stock gun.
image.jpg
image.jpg

I have my uncles GPR (Gemmer) that's about a 1984 vintage. It's always been a good shooter and reliable after many decades of use. One nice thing about the Investarms ones is they still offer the Hunter versions with a twist rate more suitable for conicals should one choose to use them.

Thanks, I have heard mixed thing on the quality of the gemmers being made by Investarms.

I’m strictly a round baller so am interested in the .54 or .50 GPR.
I do have another Investarms Hawken (a RH gun) that is now on par with my LH gun but initially I had to clean up the trigger and lock. The inletting was a sawdust pile. The hammer was off and had to inlet the lock a little more. Adjust the trigger and replace the forward set trigger adjustment screw with a longer one (on both guns). After that little cleaning up the basic components seem well made and the guns shoot very well.

I've found the Lyman GPR to be the most accurate of any muzzleloaders I own or have shot. I began BP in 1980 by invitation to join a swell local organisation, Sawtooth Mountain Men (SMM). I purchased a .50 cal Thompson Center Hawken kit & the rest is history. Had many excellent hours with that group. Sadly, the group is no more. A few years passed, & my son & I were invited to join the Arizona Civil War Council as re-enactors. We purchased. 58 cal Enfield & Springfield kits. Both were accurate during live-fire competitions. During a lull in activities, I finally purchased a .54 cal GPR kit. I'd seen one of the SMM members with one & always liked its more original design as well as its dependability. I was so pleased by how well the GPR performed! I shoot a .530 ball with. 015 lubed patch, usually remaining with its preferred load of 70 grains of 2-F. I found the GPR such a pleasure to shoot & own that I bought a second .54 kit. That too is a tack driver. This was all before the GPR was switched to the "Signature" series under Pedersoli.

Attachments

• 20210409_163502.jpg
    20210409_163502.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210331_170710.jpg
    20210331_170710.jpg
    559 KB · Views: 0
  • 20200906_063541.jpg
    20200906_063541.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back