• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Loyalist Arms

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rebel,
Before going through that trouble you might look into the Brown Bess Ranger Musket now offered by MVT. Looks pretty good.

Yea, but i already made a deal to buy the 1rst Model, so unless i can find someone that wants to trade a shot Bess for a Long one i plan to make this one shorter.

:grin:
Hi sir !
If you want to get creative with a bess I guess I could suggest the loyalist arms "specials" section.
They have a bunch of 1st models for a really great price "where I purchased mine" and you just clean em up take the wood down and stain em oil em and then proof the barrel and there you go!!

I do admit that she was a bit heavy when she came, but some judicious wood removal really lightened her up.
I scrubbed the hell out of the bore with different grades of emory then steel wool, shure it took some time and effort but There is NO WAY I would warrant spending 2000$$ for a musket at this point in life!

She shoots just as good as ANY smooth bore I have seen and looks real purdy.

All that said mind you I have NEVER handeled a original only marveled at em from behind glass at the museum

Back