• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Looking to buy a revolver

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Toomuch_36 said:
makattack said:
I have two '58 Remmingtons, one a Uberti and the other a Euroarms, both marketed by Lyman.
To answer your question though, the revolvers marketed by Traditions are of the Italian presuation I believe made by Armi San Marco.

Toomuch
I have two questions , will the Lyman take the spare cylinders Cabela's sells? And when were the euroarms built. Mine is not marked, so that must be what it is. Thanks, Sorry about the highjacked thread.

Well fellas

I picked it up last Saturday!!! bought a small powder measure and box of Hornady .454 balls to go with it. Got the nipple wrench last night....it's a shame, I got #10 caps and they don't fit....got some 11's and they seem a tad too loose......

What's also funny is my boss at work is a shooter, but didn't know about cap and ball revolvers so we must have spent about 1/2 hr of work time talking about the ins and outs Colt vs. Remington etc etc .....I think he wants to get one now.......I'm spreading the BP bug!! *menacing laugh*

Same thing happened at my work. I bought my Lyman 1858 from someone at work for $50.00. He said he had never shot it. I went and got a tin of CCI magnum # 11 caps, a LB. of Pyrodex P, .454 balls and a cheap flask that thru .30 grn. and brought him the target the next week with a 2 1/2" to 3" group and he said he should have kept it. You'll like the stares at the range as you load and fire that smokewagon also.

You'll like the stares at the range as you load and fire that smokewagon also.

I remember years ago when I first got my Kentucky flintlock I was shooting at an outdoor range wher a guy a couple spots over was shooting an inline at the 25 yd target. Of course he had all the fancy modernized accoutrements.
There I was with my home made shooting bag and horn, shoe polish tin full of crisco and whatever knick knacks I could scrounge up to keep my rifle shooting
He looked at me as though I was a kind of oddity that he should feel sorry for. Kept calling my Kentucky rifle a "musket"

Yep....Poor 'ol me, finally shooting exactly the kind of gun I had wanted for years with gear that cost practically nothing, but I was so proud of because I had made it all myself.
He was shooting 25 yds, I was shooting 50 and when all was said and done....our shot groups were roughly the same.

That's something that never fails: I bring out my BP firearms (2 revolvers & a Kentucky flintlock pistol) and I always attract attention. I take out my .45LC & nobody much cares.

I think there's something basic in the old weapons -- they sort of connect you to the past, and I think even the guys who don't think about that sort of thing of still sense it.

I sure as hell wouldn't want to be along the stone fence at Gettysburg, watching General Pickett & the boys coming at me -- but having my old Remington in my hands gives me more understanding of the sacrifices those men on both sides made than I would have had otherwise. By shooting Black Powder, I'm in touch with American History. To some degree or other, all of us in this forum do the same thing. Ya think?

I took my ML to a trap shoot and got lots of looks. Intered in the compatition and had a few complaints about being slow and the smoke. also had to ask someone ells if I hit the clay bird.Had lots of fun. :rotf:

Back