• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED Looking for military style flintlock pistol or musket

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nathan55770

32 Cal
Reaction score
I've been wanting a military style flintlock for some time now, but I don't want to pay a full price for a new pistol from companies like pedersoli. I am especially looking for a 1777 pistol, AN XIII pistol, gendarmerie pistol, and AN IX pistol. But, I am looking for anything of the sort that is in a reliable fireable condition.

I've been wanting a military style flintlock for some time now, but I don't want to pay a full price for a new pistol from companies like pedersoli. I am especially looking for a 1777 pistol, AN XIII pistol, gendarmerie pistol, and AN IX pistol. But, I am looking for anything of the sort that is in a reliable fireable condition.

Nathan I have this original French pistol for sale that I offered to another forum member yesterday & have not heard back from him.
It's an original .69 cal. French military model 1805-1815 flintlock pistol, it is armory marked with an 1811 mfg. date.

As required by the forum I've included photos with today's date & my forum ID. If your interested feel free to contact me with any questions.
Many of these exceptionally durable military pistols found their way to colonial America & went west during the fur trade era. Note; the tip of the ramrod on this model pistol also serves as a powder measure. This military model pistol is recognized as one the most durable of the era due to the stock stock being iron & brass wrapped with a brass butt cap so it could also be used as a skull crusher in close combat.
This pistol likely saw combat as there is a very solid repair on the wood stock that is barely noticeable & will not effect firing & normal use.
This is a good shooting pistol & the lock produces excellent ignition & as the photos show still has a nice bore, forgive fuzz in bore from the gun case.
If interested I will part with this Napoleonic period pistol for $1,250 cash shipped & insured to the lower 48.

relic shooter

Attachments

• IMG_1526.jpg
    IMG_1526.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1519.jpg
    IMG_1519.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1525.jpg
    IMG_1525.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1520.jpg