• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Looking for help identifying a very old pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josargu

32 Cal
Reaction score
My dad bought this for me at an auction a while back and id like to find out where its from. My dad thinks its from the middle east, The mechanical side of it is flawless is cocks back with a very satisfying click and the trigger while a little floppy works pretty dang well. if anyone has any idea im happy to hear.
image_2023-10-16_131357644.png

image_2023-10-16_131102030.png
image_2023-10-16_131123205.png
image_2023-10-16_131005128.png
gun.jpg
image_2023-10-16_131153528.png

Welcome from Upstate NY.

Quite a massive "brace" for a pistol. Can you take one image of the whole thing in view? Length overall measurement would help as well. There are "wedding guns" from years back for celebrations . . . but also salute guns from European countries. The muzzle and barrel treatment (i.e. thimbles) would be helpful.

Welcome from Upstate NY.

Quite a massive "brace" for a pistol. Can you take one image of the whole thing in view? Length overall measurement would help as well. There are "wedding guns" from years back for celebrations . . . but also salute guns from European countries. The muzzle and barrel treatment (i.e. thimbles) would be helpful.
image_2023-10-16_195732843.png
image_2023-10-16_195809060.png

as i have no tape measure or ruler on hand id have to guess its about 18-20ish inches long and i have no idea how to determine the muzzle and barrel treatments but as soon as i find out ill get back to you

Welcome from Maine. This thread is for introductions only. Post your questions in Original antique firearms section for better results.
Nit Wit

Welcome to the forum.
Your pistol appears to be Arabic.
It's actual age is questionable until examined closer by someone with experience as
many copies have been made to sell to tourists & many copies I've observed haven't had a touch hole drilled.
Judging by the poor frizzen to pan fit I suspect yours might be a copy made for tourists but still makes an attractive display.

Welcome to the Forum

Relic Shooter is correct. This is a tourist item (still being made) from the Middle East. It was made to copy what was called a Blunderbuss Knee Pistol. The gun was never made to fire, and please do not try it. The barrel is likely a casting itself and not made of gun barrel stock. The original of this style of pistol was very popular in the Eastern markets and many genuine pistols were made at the many gun shops throughout the Balkan countries.

Rick

My dad bought this for me at an auction a while back and id like to find out where its from. My dad thinks its from the middle east, The mechanical side of it is flawless is cocks back with a very satisfying click and the trigger while a little floppy works pretty dang well. if anyone has any idea im happy to hear.View attachment 261242
View attachment 261239View attachment 261240View attachment 261237View attachment 261235View attachment 261241
Welcome to the forum from Western North Carolina.

You may want to include Khyber Pass guns in your research.

Back