• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED Looking for Brown Bess Carbine

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey ya’ll,
I’m on the hunt for a Brown Bess carbine preferably in a .75 Caliber to convert into an Elliot Light Dragoon Carbine for the Rev War period. If anyone knows of any or has any feel free to let me know. Looking to find one around.

Are you on the list at Veteran Arms? The Elliot carbine is out of stock now but they will email you when back in stock. They also have various other Bess type carbines.

Are you on the list at Veteran Arms? The Elliot carbine is out of stock now but they will email you when back in stock. They also have various other Bess type carbines.
I’m on their list to get an update on it. Id theres a pedersoli carbine out there for a non-astronomical price that would rock as I can easily convert that into the Dragoon Carbine.

I have a Pedersoli Bess carbine kit that I will never get to. I won’t be home untill Saturday to take photos though. Just let me know if you’re interested.

Don't know if you are still looking but I have a Cracker Jack of a Pedersoli Brown Bess Carbine for sale right now.

Military heritage has some in stock. Good group of people there. Cheaper then veteran arms too if I’m not mistaken but made by the same people

Military heritage has some in stock. Good group of people there. Cheaper then veteran arms too if I’m not mistaken but made by the same people
I believe veteran arms goes over the firearm and makes sure it functions good and drills the touch hole. So you pay $150 for that.

I believe veteran arms goes over the firearm and makes sure it functions good and drills the touch hole. So you pay $150 for that.
If you go Indian you want a company that has done lock work, better or loyalist. Loyalist drills the touchhole. Ships gun and lock separately so as to not be selling guns.
Buy the best you can afford

Back