• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Looking for any info.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Foiadas

Pilgrim
Reaction score
This was gifted to me by my boss. He didn’t know the history of it. He said his dad and grandfather probably didn’t either. He’s originally from the East coast/Ohio area. He has fired it.
IMG_0934.jpeg
IMG_0935.jpeg
IMG_0936.jpeg
IMG_0937.jpeg
IMG_0938.jpeg
IMG_0939.jpeg
IMG_0940.jpeg

Miquelet lock pistol. I’ve never seen a lock plate shaped like that before on a miquelet. At first glance, I thought it was a wall hanging decorative piece, but maybe not….. are you able to take it apart carefully? Like to see the inside of the lock and underneath the barrel.

Spanish miquelet horse type pistol with large bore. Might have been a private commission build for a Spanish officer. Pistol looks about 1800. Maybe a bit earlier. The tail of the lock plates can vary, but the square shape on this one tells me post-1800. Notice the small screw in front of the frizzen. A common feature seen on miquelet locks. This allows a worn frizzen face to be replaced without having to replace the entire frizzen. Overall, the pistol shows a heavy patina. But as long as the bore is in decent condition, no reason not to shoot it. The lock looks like it will clean up better. It's a very cool looking pistol.

Rick

Back