• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Looking for a part.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mzzlldrinpa

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I recently received an older CVA sxs from my father. I am having some trouble with the left hand lock. Somehow over 30 years, the sear has gotten bent. Anyone know where I may get a sear for it? I have already called Deer Creek. They do not have any. Also, many thanks to Jappo. He sent me some pictures to compare to mine. He has been very generous in helping me. I take my hat off to you sir. Thank you very much.

Is the sear bent or is the sear arm bent?

A sear arm if often bent so the trigger engages the sear arm more quickly.

Can the bend be unbent?

Pictures?

The sear is bent. The arm I understand being bent. Not sure if I can bend it back. I am afraid that it will break. I assume it would need to be heated, bent and the rehardened.

Attachments

• 20231010_190619.jpg
    20231010_190619.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
That is one strange looking sear nose.

Almost as if it wasn't made for that lock and someone bent the snot out of it to make it work.

Also looks as if a great deal of heat was applied to it.

Good luck with her.

That is one strange looking sear nose.

Almost as if it wasn't made for that lock and someone bent the snot out of it to make it work.

Also looks as if a great deal of heat was applied to it.

Good luck with her.
Yea thought it looked rather odd as well. Compared to the puc that Jappo sent me, it's shape looks really off.

Latest posts

Back