• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Looking for a Christmas gift for my step son

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking for a cva frontier or mountain rifle for my step son for a Christmas gift. Where’s the best place to start looking? Ive put an ad here in the classified with no responses yet.
I have a CVA .50 cal Mountain Rifle marked USA that I can part with. PM me for details

Don't try flea bay unless you have too much money. You can try castboolits or N-SSA.org or word of mouth. Be careful of scammers.

Talk to your neighbors or friends that stepped out of the" light" and went "modern". there has to be a lot of traditional rifles out there not being used anymore. I brought the same subject up at work, and my co-worker had an old rifle he gave me so the grandson may start with his own gun. Its better than being scammed or paying way too much over the internet. Good luck! you may be able get some possibles ?

Last edited:
Gunbroker lists a number of them. Just google that particular rifle for sale, and chase down the hits.

Don't know where in Ohio you are located, but there are two gun shows this Saturday in Ohio and one on 4 Dec. Not unusual to see front loaders at gun shows.
Thanks guys, I’ve been busy at my new job and haven’t been online for a bit. Where in Ohio are this shows? I’ve looked at gun broker and I won’t deal with fleabay.. we’ll at least on my current adventure.

Back