• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lookie What I got !!!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harms Way said:
When he pulled it out, the bottom of my jaw hit the top of my shoes !..... I think it might be an old Dixie kit, but I'm not sure.... This rifle feels really good,.... So I look at old Bill and ask well.... How much ?... He said,... "I dunno' how about a hundred bucks ?".......

Holding the gun I said "Bill,... it's worth more than that" He smiled and said, how much did you charge me to do all that welding for me years ago ?...... I smiled and said "Nuttin"..... He repeated a hundred bucks.:)

After I paid him he said wait here,.... he brought back a shooting bag, with all the shooting gear in it.. as well as two cans of Black Powder and one can of Pirodex.

Just thought you guys might like to see it.... I am a blessed man.And this rifle has a home for the rest of my life.
Watch018.jpg

Watch020.jpg

WOW ! ! :hatsoff: - What goes around, comes around.

Favor returned, tenfold ............. :bow: :bow:

I enjoyed the story. Both those rifles would find a welcome space in my safe. You don't see the .45's any more......

Haha,.... Well I would tell you, that you could bid on it at my auction when I assume room temperature... But one of my sons seen it today and got that goofy smile on his face when he shouldered it,.... This old girl pulls up and balances so sweet...

I have no doubt this rifle will stay in the family for many years to come. :grin:

Thats a great story! What a blessing. Its like a friend of mine says, you can,t out give God! When you did that good deed years ago, out of the goodness of your heart, something that God led you to do. He repaid you with a great rifle and a great friend. That's awesome!

steve1122 said:
Thats a great story! What a blessing. Its like a friend of mine says, you can,t out give God! When you did that good deed years ago, out of the goodness of your heart, something that God led you to do. He repaid you with a great rifle and a great friend. That's awesome!

Steve said it the best I think. You'll think of your true friend each time you shoulder that rifle. :hatsoff:

It looks as if you have two fine rifles and a fine friend. Beautiful stocks on both of those ol' guns! Your friends are testaments to a life well lived. Congratulations! :hatsoff:

BTW, I will disagree about the half stock not looking right. To me it looks like something some ol' hivernant might have put together from a couple of old guns. Those ol' boys were resourceful. Nice work. :wink:

Congrats on the new find :thumbsup: Now run out and buy Lotto tickets you lucky dawg! :thumbsup: :wink:

Wow! A thing of beauty is a joy forever. Especially when it spits smoke, slings lead, smells like brimstone, and goes WHOMP!

I was going to wait until spring to try the old girl out,... But my sons are bugging me to take it out next weekend and burn some powder..... I guess we will see what the weather looks like. :grin:

Back