• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Log Cabin Shop

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thagomizer

40 Cal
Reaction score
Last October I took a road trip to the CLA fall frolic in Cincinnati. After that we took a meander through southern Ohio to see serpent mound and some mounds around Chillicothe. Then up to my brother's place in Brunswick. That put the Log Cabin Shop directly in my sights. I have done business with them before but just never was in the right place and time to visit their store.
We got there 3 minutes after they opened.......... and what a place! We got the VIP treatment, the 5 cent tour, and were told to "wander around". I could spent 2 days there, but alas, only had an hour and a half. Got ready to leave and told my brother " I want a souvenir of this trip". He started to head to the t-shirt and coffee mug display.............I headed for the gun counter! I came out the door with an original caplock, halfstock, .40 cal Ohio rifle. My brother just stood there shaking his head. Anyway, If you are in the neighborhood (or not) take some time to visit this great place.

Back in the 1980's, the Log Cabin shop was on my way home from Cleveland business trips and North west Ohio camping trips. Most always , I allowed some time to stop and shop there. Never have I heard a negative comment about or from them on issues. They always are ready to stand backup , if I needed help on a m/l question. Good folks..........oldwood

Maniac Shooter heading to Log Cabin Shop. Can't wait for his video , ought to be very entertaining !!!!!!!
I've bought a lot of accessories from them and while they were at Friendship too. I'm pretty sure I won't walk out of there empty handed tomorrow either. That place can make a REAL dent in one's wallet. LOL
I hope they let me use the cameras in the store. If so, I'll try to put something together every one will like. Thanks for those kind words....

First time I had contact w/them was at possibly the first rendezvous in the eastern U.S. in Altoona ,Pa. , perhaps 1973. Their shop in Lodi ,Ohio was about a 4 1/2 hour drive for them to come w/ all the stuff they brought and tent. I was amazed. Like me , most of the guys there were struggling to figure out about the m/l world. Then , to enhance the fun, the state opened a special late Dec. flintlock deer season , long as you had a special flintlock doe tag. The fox was in the chicken house. 18 miles from home was 30,000 acres of State Game lands we were already hunting and knew where the herds were. The hunting was almost 18th century , mostly old fashion still hunting as described in many records from 18th century accounts. We wore capotes , touques , wool m/l event clothing. We hunted years w/o seeing another human in the woods , but when we did see someone , they were most surprised at how we looked. ...........Sorry , off in the weeds again.............oldwood

In 1974 I lived near Akron, Ohio and got involved in re-enacting. I bought a "returned" Japanese Brown Bess kit from them. I used it in for 20 years. I have since made trips there, shot live rounds there and purchased many things from them. I have never been disappointed with their goods or friendly service.

Back