• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shout Out to Log Cabin Shop

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had a LH lock that decided not to stay at half cock. After a few shots it didn't stay at full cock either. I could see what needed to be done, but I do not have the size tools to do it and frankly can't spare the time. I quickly looked up a place someone had recommended for repair, and I called The Log Cabin Shop. A nice lady told me they have several gunsmiths but there was a 3-month back-log and they were going to a large trade show the second weekend in October. She guessed it would be after Thanksgiving before someone could look at the lock. I packed it and sent it with a note. Afterwards, I found the referral I had and discovered I did not send it to the place that was recommended. A little uneasy that I sent it to the wrong place, I figured all I could do was wait. Today Eric called me and said the lock is fixed. He said it was made a very long time ago and everything was hand-made, so whatever corrections he made had to be all hand-done. He assured me the lock works properly in all positions now. I gave ye ole credit card # to him and asked how much. $50 includes return shipping! Great timing for me since I really want to use that gun for the season that starts this weekend (although I might not have it for this weekend). What a pleasant experience and a super reasonable price with excellent turn-around time! I also learned that The Log Cabin Shop is also R.E. Davis Company, whom I've heard of favorably but have no experience with. A big thumbs up for The Log Cabin Shop from me!

The Log Cabin is a great place to do business with. They have repaired old guns of mine for about 40 years now. Still visit on Saturdays to shoot on their range.

I enjoy talking with the owner and one of her gunsmiths that comes to Friendship for the fall shoot. They have a booth set up just down from their little store booth on the end with a variety of locks and parts.

Have had nothing but success dealing with Log Cabin Shop , and R.E. Davis over the lifetime of my M/Ling experience. My Wife decided we wanted to travel from our home in central Pa. out to see the sites south of the Great Lakes , as far as my employment would permit me to go and return in two week periods. When passing their wonderful store , they were always happy to let me park our camper in their lot overnight. They knew I might spend some wallet fodder when I woke up , and they opened their door for business , and I did. Fortunately , the Wife usually slept in , allowing me to get the larger purchases into the camper's storage , before She awakened. I was building m/l guns , back then , and it was a blessing to walk into an amazing shop as is Log Cabin.........oldwood

Above and beyond all that has been said, they also have a good collection of original Ohio guns.
Also a collection of local Indian artifacts, and a large bunch of old books. Plan on several hours to do it right.

The Log Cabin Shop definitely has books. If you want to read about the Early American history that was never taught in our schools , the LCshop , is where to go.. Or order their catalog , it's all listed in there.

In the early 1970's , the local m/l club held the first ever in this area , m/l rendezvous. We were a good 3 hr. drive one way from Log Cabin shop , and they showed up with a tent full of pertinent stuff. They made a lot of friends that week end.

I am luck now it is only 20 min. drive from my house to their shop. Been doing business with them for 35+ years now. When I started they were 3 hours one way and I was helping start a muzzleloading program at a boy scout camp. Got my camp director there one time and he bought the parts to build his first none kit rifle. He ended up building 4 that I know of from there , one for him and one for each of his boys.

I have a Zoli 1803 that has a very, too strong lock mainspring. I assume it can be worked on by just sending the lock, correct? Thanks.
You can send the lock to them with a note stating what you need to have done or call them on the phone to discuss before sending.

Latest posts

Back