• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Loading the cap and ball

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was having problems with bits of paper clogging the nipples after multiple cylinders and went back to loose powder on a cylinder stand.

I got fed up with the time involved in making cartridges and the fact that the NE Humidity messes with their burn rate. If factory period correct paper cartridges were available to buy I would absolutely buy some to experience the period correct ammo and see how it performed.

I do have the accoutrements to make paper cartridges and made some and worked ok but I quit because of the time involved. Sometimes I forget I am blessed to shot out of my heated and cooled garage into my own 300 yard range and think everyone has the same opportunity… and do opine accordingly forgetting those who have to travel miles to get to a range. Most of my tools like cappers, paper cartridges, range boxes and such are just fads that I play with and eventually put aside. But I see their usefulness when someone else opines about them in their own right. I have a bench with wheels that I move as please with all my components on top of a white towel. Extremely easy to lay out everything and load and shoot without thinking much, no everyone has that chance and I forget. I would do paper cartridges if I had to travel to shoot for sure. I would probably use capper as well to maximize shooting time.

Latest posts

Back