• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Living history show ...Ohio

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonT

40 Cal.
Reaction score
scheduled for Feb. 3/4th at the Sandusky County fairgrounds in Fremont, Ohio. First time for me, what to expect?
R

TAKE LOTS OF MONEY! I go every year its great! Seems to get bigger every year with a lot of talented craftspeople.I get most of the plunder for shoot prizes at this one.Best advise is get there early as you can before all the good stuff gets sold! Well its all good, somes just gooder! Two big buildings at the fairgrounds,and check out colleen sherer's quillwork!

Thanks S.W. What time is "early", I hunt ducks...haha. Am in market for a .36.
R

I'm not sure we are talking about the same event! This show has been smaller every year for the past 3 and the Xenia and Springfield events have completely shut down.

Most of the best venders refuse to show up because the event fees and need to stay in a motel 3 nights eat up all possible profit margin.

That limits the venders to local folks without a great selection.

I decided the drive was not worth it this year.

I'm going specifically to see the Sitting Fox display. I "E" mailed them to confirm that they would be there. Hope for additional vendors, reduced numbers from former years or not.
R

Hey ghost, :hatsoff:
Just a question, aren't they having the fair in Xenia this spring?? I couldn't go in the fall, and they quit having the one in Springfield. They just keep getting farther away!

Also my main rondevoo - The Piqua Heritage Festival - seems like the traders are thinning out here and there.

Have a good one! :thumbsup:
Grumpy Bear

ghost, just talked to some trader friends yesterday complaining about the entry fees and no lodging and they're not going this year.I did'nt go last year but every other year was great! Blew $900 back in 2005 just on shoot prizes! Springfield was supposed to move to richland county fairgrounds in Mansfield, but I guess that fell through. Wheres a central ohio buckskinner supposed to go to outfit nowadays?!

Latest posts

Back