• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lewis and Clark in Kansas this weekend.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
July 3 - 4, 2004
Atchison, Kansas

Activities include A Journey Fourth Parade, a flag-foot-parade depicting the making of a nation, involving re-enactor groups of St. Charles & Fort Leavenworth, Fife & Drum Corps, and posting of state, American and Indian tribal flags along the riverfront. Atchison will feature a city-wide display of American flags on every home, a patriotic quilt show, two extensive flag collections plus an interactive virtual flag project, photo exhibits and a Fourth of July picnic/barbeque. Step-back-in-time on the new riverfront park, stroll the recreated 1804 campsite complete with historic marketplaces, demonstrations and food tents, visit the "Tent of American Voices" (a forum for a variety of speakers), Boy Scout French Fur Trappers encampment in the river bluffs , Wilderness Challenge Competition, music and historical entertainment. (Free)
July 3 - Arrival and encampment of the Discovery Expedition of St. Charles, MO. with keelboat, Guided tours of Lewis and Clark sites
July 3 Evening - "Taste of the Trail" Dinner with guest speakers at the Atchison Heritage Conference Center (ticketed)
July 4 Noon - Cannon Salute to the Nation and Independence Creek re-enactment of the first fourth of July west of the Mississippi
July 4 Evening - Kansas National Guard Band Performance of patriotic music, Closing Ceremony with "Toast to the Nation" followed by simultaneous fireworks by Paul Austin's Pyrotechnics over the Missouri Riverfront ( Concert in the Sky). (Free)

I had the honor and privilege of participating with them during the "Eastern Legacy" last year. I floated with them for 2 weeks on the Ohio. I floated the entire state of WV. It was a once in a lifetime experience. They are a great bunch of guys. I would highly recommend visiting them.

Back