• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Let's See What Your Handgun Loading Stand Looks Like

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was told that I needed a stand to compete in the match. apparently not allowed to keep a pistol holstered on the firing line. It must be in a stand? in IPSC its in your shooting bag untill you get to the firing line. you take it out of the bag and show clear. instant DQ if you fail this test. then load and holster. pistol is considered safe as long as it is holstered in an approved holster.

I made a loading stand for both Pistol and Revolver. One of the features of the stand is that I can remove the center insert to configure the base to hold either a pistol or revolver.

View attachment 39982
The cut outs are patterned using the grip of the revolver. That's the squared off cut out. The curved cut out follows the flowing lines of the grip of my revolver. The insert is as wide as the grip. One side has a threaded brass insert for the through bolt.

View attachment 39983
On the back is the shelf for the loading rods. I have the six compartments for balls, grease and caps and other tools.

View attachment 39984
This works pretty good for loading both the pistol or the revolver.

I did have to modify it to fit in my range box.

You can see it laying on its side in the open center section.

View attachment 39985
Very nice. I made two stands from an article in Muzzle Blasts, I think it was. Very simple with scrap wood, finished nicely they look fine. One for a perc. and other for a flint 1803 replica. Thanks.

Stand for the Trapper.

1b.jpg

I started shooting in pistol competition with NMLRA at Friendship in 1972. Over the years I have made quite a few loading stands of different
kinds.
The latest is a shooting box that I can use for all my pistols by just changing the base that supports the pistol. It is large enough to contain all my
accessories and everything I need for repair of or adjustment of my equipment.
I tried to make as light as possible and still be strong. The frame is walnut and the panels are 1/8" birch plywood.
I have been very happy with it.

Attachments

• P1080706.JPG
    P1080706.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • P1080793.JPG
    P1080793.JPG
    988.9 KB · Views: 0
  • P1080787.JPG
    P1080787.JPG
    5.7 MB · Views: 0
  • P1080796.JPG
    P1080796.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 0
I started shooting in pistol competition with NMLRA at Friendship in 1972. Over the years I have made quite a few loading stands of different
kinds.
The latest is a shooting box that I can use for all my pistols by just changing the base that supports the pistol. It is large enough to contain all my
I tried to make as light as possible and still be strong. The frame is walnut and the panels are 1/8" birch plywood.
Super nice !

kinds.
What a beauty!!!!

kinds.
wow. thats nice. u have some good wood working skills

kinds.
What brand of powder measure is that?

That is a 45 cal P. Bondini underhammer pistol.
I had to change the front sight. It was so low from a previous owner that it was shooting to high for me. It shoots very nice, very accurate.
hey friend thank you so much for sharing this information.that is a beautiful pistol.thank you also for taking the time to answer my question

I'm going to build a loading stand for my Harpers Ferrry pistol, very soon. I didn't need one for my .45 Parker-Hale pistol, but the huge Harpers Ferry pistol is much harder, more awkward for me to load. I'm going to make something like this folding design, much more convenient to take to the range.

loading stand2.jpg

Back