• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lets see those Range Boxes!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was a kid in the 1970s my dad used a Park model 83333 toolbox. That box has a lot of really good memories and a few months ago I got dissatisfied with the range box I'd been using when shooting my ML rifles, so I went on eBay and found a few that looked to be in good condition. Dad's box is dark green but I intentionally bought one that's a different color so down the road there's no possibility that they are confused.

It's 16" wide x 6" tall x 8.25" deep. For me this is an ideal size. Big enough to carry what I need but not so large I'm tempted to pack a lot of extra manure.

Pics of my old school, made in the USA goodness:

Park-tool-box1.png

Park-tool-box2.png

When I was a kid in the 1970s my dad used a Park model 83333 toolbox. That box has a lot of really good memories and a few months ago I got dissatisfied with the range box I'd been using when shooting my ML rifles, so I went on eBay and found a few that looked to be in good condition. Dad's box is dark green but I intentionally bought one that's a different color so down the road there's no possibility that they are confused.

It's 16" wide x 6" tall x 8.25" deep. For me this is an ideal size. Big enough to carry what I need but not so large I'm tempted to pack a lot of extra manure.

Pics of my old school, made in the USA goodness:

View attachment 187793

View attachment 187794
Everything you need, and nothing you don’t. Fine box!

I have two old tool boxes up in the attic, there were there when we moved in. That attic has saved me several times now, lots of useful stuff up there. I'll have to pull both of those down and see what I can build. I'll probably still leave the bottle of powder in a metal ammo can, just to make sure a stray spark doesn't get the whole bottle. I know, freak accident, but I don't want to be the freak on this one.

Each his own
Shiloh Rifle has a couple of very nice boxes.
ShilohRifle.com
Home of the Original Sharps Rifle, every part made at their Foundry/Factory
Been there, bought guns there 3 times. (Made to your order) (( Not Cheap))
I have two boxes also, (you can see on their website) very sturdy and very nice
looking

Attachments

• ED007C65-BF4A-4139-8BFB-8B46948F4CA5.jpeg
    ED007C65-BF4A-4139-8BFB-8B46948F4CA5.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • EE7F0269-8A9A-44EB-B403-4DF86F4B9A73.jpeg
    EE7F0269-8A9A-44EB-B403-4DF86F4B9A73.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • E3F37827-9B79-4F61-B9B4-EAA82D9CD905.jpeg
    E3F37827-9B79-4F61-B9B4-EAA82D9CD905.jpeg
    90.5 KB · Views: 0
I happened to be in front of my house today when the mailman came down the street. Waited for him to get to my house, he handed me the mail. On top of the stack was this months Woodsmith magazine. I took one look at the cover as I was walking back to the house and thought to myself ... a few modifications to that plan and that would make an excellent muzzleloader range box.
MEMBER MAGAZINE B.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I happened to be in front of my house today when the mailman came down the street. Waited for him to get to my house, he handed me the mail. On top of the stack was this months Woodsmith magazine. I took one look at the cover as I was walking back to the house and thought to myself ... a few modifications to that plan and that would make an excellent muzzleloader range box.
great reminder ..its never boring ..some of us like coverd topics when theres more to add ..hats off to you

Back