• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Left handed flintlock question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't see a mention of side by side double. Think about it
Plenty mention of those.......and everybody has thought on it. It's part of the standard argument.

I'll wager heavy odds there are far more single lock smoothbores, both period built and contemporary, in existence than doubles.

Think about that......

I mentioned my side by side double barrel shotgun. I'd prefer a lefthanded lock, but I can make do with a right handed one. It's all the other architecture stuff that really makes the difference.

I'm pretty strongly left handed when it comes to fine motor skills like shooting, but both my brother in law and father in law are right handed, yet they prefer to shoot left handed. Eye dominance is really the biggest factor when it comes to which hand you should shoot with, and there are a whole lot more folks who are left eye dominant than there are who are left handed. It's not even remotely uncommon. Something like a third of all people are left eye dominant. It seems like maybe we should be teaching our kids to shoot with their dominant eye instead of their dominant hand.

I mentioned my side by side double barrel shotgun. I'd prefer a lefthanded lock, but I can make do with a right handed one. It's all the other architecture stuff that really makes the difference.

I'm pretty strongly left handed when it comes to fine motor skills like shooting, but both my brother in law and father in law are right handed, yet they prefer to shoot left handed. Eye dominance is really the biggest factor when it comes to which hand you should shoot with, and there are a whole lot more folks who are left eye dominant than there are who are left handed. It's not even remotely uncommon. Something like a third of all people are left eye dominant. It seems like maybe we should be teaching our kids to shoot with their dominant eye instead of their dominant hand.
Ok I missed that. You made the point that a lock can be on either side.

Back