• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Lee Reel Bullet lube

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

house

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I have done multiple searches and still I’m not sure about what lube to use for my 54 caliber Reel bullets. Can you just use T/C Bore Butter? I am looking for a quick and easy lube just to try and to see if I like these bullets. I have always shot round balls, but I am looking to try something different.

I have done multiple searches and still I’m not sure about what lube to use for my 54 caliber Reel bullets. Can you just use T/C Bore Butter? I am looking for a quick and easy lube just to try and to see if I like these bullets. I have always shot round balls, but I am looking to try something different.
Several Youtube videos show using bore butter.

I'm using bore butter on my .54 maxis w/o issue BUT it is quite hot out and so the butter is quite melty and therefore messy ... made up some 50/50 crisco/beeswax and stirred continuously while it cooled, unfortunately didn't take it to the range today to test (didn't have enough coffee before getting packed to go) but I think the texture will be perfect and it should handle the high 80s/low 90s w/o getting so melty. Will report on hot-weather suitability towards mid-week.

Back