• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lead could dissolve a marriage

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My buddy's wife re-organized his reloading bench because she thought it was too cluttered. Nothing was sold or thrown out, but it took him weeks to find everything again.

Once again, I'm going to buy my wife flowers for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

As my hands lose more and more strength and dexterity she helps out with assembling trigger groups or whatever other spring-loaded machines of the devil are currently tormenting me.

Two weeks ago she reminded me to take enough cash to the gun show so if I found a Charleville, an 1803 Harper's Ferry and an 1861 Springfield I could make a better deal.
You are blessed

Sure glad my wife has no interest in all things muzzleloading, including watching over my shoulder on this forum.
313054-85d115cf467683f2c407498381618b36.jpeg

I gotta admit my wife is the worst organizer ever. Can't do anything without a "plan". She is a messie. Got used to it after about 10-15-years. I will say though through all the clutter ANYTHING I need, including "my stuff" I can look for an hour or two, getting super frustrated. She will have me go get her a coffee and I come back and there it is. HOW does she know where my stuff is?

My wife was getting things together for a yard sale and asked if i had any tools to sell. My heated response was that i loose too many to sell the ones i do have. I tried to lock things up but they keep getting out.

I had a girlfriend, not a real serious one, that wanted me to dump all my military collectibles...that was many years ago!
She was obviously a more serious than you. 🤣

My wife had never hunted beyond following her dad around pheasant hunting when she was a little girl. When we were married she wanted to go hunting with me. I only bow hunted then and she took up the bow. Off we went for a week of hunting and she took a nice doe. When I took up the ML she did too and got a nice forkie buck. She continued to hunt with me for quite a few years. When our two daughters were very little we still took off for a week in September to hunt. When they were in School we just took them out for a week. Pretty sure that was a positive contribution to their education. 😀

The wife eventually gave up the hunting but we still camped a lot. Daughters never took up hunting but both love to fish. The positive in all this is that they both are enthusiastic about the grandchildren hunting and fishing with me.

Sorry. Another one of my meanderings.

She was obviously a more serious than you. 🤣

My wife had never hunted beyond following her dad around pheasant hunting when she was a little girl. When we were married she wanted to go hunting with me. I only bow hunted then and she took up the bow. Off we went for a week of hunting and she took a nice doe. When I took up the ML she did too and got a nice forkie buck. She continued to hunt with me for quite a few years. When our two daughters were very little we still took off for a week in September to hunt. When they were in School we just took them out for a week. Pretty sure that was a positive contribution to their education. 😀

The wife eventually gave up the hunting but we still camped a lot. Daughters never took up hunting but both love to fish. The positive in all this is that they both are enthusiastic about the grandchildren hunting and fishing with me.

Sorry. Another one of my meanderings.
My wife use to love hunting with me, she loves nature and hiking. She never actually hunted. Then when our son was born, she took a few years off. By the time my son was 4, he was out there with us learning how to hunt. He’s now 18. He’s a hell of a hunter! I came home from work one day and his arrows were strewn about the garage. I picked them up and noticed hair and slight bits of flesh on the ends. He had removed all the target tips. I asked him what he’d been up to, he said he was in his gillie suit, getting as close as he could to the deer and was practicing shooting them. He was 8, luckily it was a little kids bow, very low power. Evidently by the look of his arrows he was hitting his target. So we had a talk and he understood that he was probably hurting the deer. That kid can get spooky close to deer and turkeys, he’s had lots of practice.

My buddy's wife re-organized his reloading bench because she thought it was too cluttered. Nothing was sold or thrown out, but it took him weeks to find everything again.

Once again, I'm going to buy my wife flowers for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

As my hands lose more and more strength and dexterity she helps out with assembling trigger groups or whatever other spring-loaded machines of the devil are currently tormenting me.

Two weeks ago she reminded me to take enough cash to the gun show so if I found a Charleville, an 1803 Harper's Ferry and an 1861 Springfield I could make a better deal.
I have been updating my wife about all the positive responses to my post.

She did the thing like digging her toe in the sand saying "aw shucks - wasn't nothin'".
We're married 38 years next month.

I’ve been lucky in that she never said no to my hobbies and when she asked “how much?” about a gun never googled to verify;). But I also planned ahead. Early in our relationship I did the laundry for her: reds and whites on hot then dry on high for 3 hrs. I had to buy a few replacement garments but never did another load. Loaded the dishwasher without rinsing and no soap. No dishes anymore. I think she’s getting suspicious about my selective stupidity but it’s been 28 years of washed clothes and dishes. Now, on the flip side, I have to live with a lot of thrift store “finds” but every relationship is give and take. My only worry is that when I pass, she sells my guns for what I told her I paid for them.

It's rare but there are couples who have come "more together" by sharing a hobby. Rare but it does happen.

I know lots of them, both in Rev War and F&I units, ..., but my wife's reply to coming out reenacting with me was , "I don't like bugs, I don't like heat ; I like my dishwashing machine".... so that pretty much summed up the situation. What started the conversation was her asking me "Why don't we go camping?" As I was laughing, I explained that "Camping" was NOT parking the Winnebago RV and hooking it up to water and power.

LD

Back