• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Last of the Mohicans Movie?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc Rogers

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I tried to go on Amazon and also dvdplanet today to order a copy of LOTM movie and I could not find one. They had some used copies but nothing for sale that was new.

Does anyone know why this is? Do you all know where I can get the original theatrical release (not the "Directors Cut")?

Thanks,
Doc

Not sure where you can find the original release, but the Directors cut is pretty good. It has more scene's that didn't make into the theater. Some of the stuff that was cut makes some of the other parts make more sense. It's been awhile since I watched it so I forget the details but I remember thinking "OK now that makes more sense".

Thanks for your service.

I have a copy of the original but it's on VHS. When they put it onto DVD, they only did the "director's cut". It has a lot more action but it took away some of Hawkeye's great "one liners" that were in the original movie.

When looking for LOTM movies, don't forget to find yourself a copy of the original 1936 movie with Randolf Scott as "Hawkeye". I have a copy of that one as well on VHS.

Yeah, that's why I was looking for the original release. I missed the one-liners from Hawkeye.

I didn't realize that they only released the Directors' Cut on DVD. Too bad.

Looks like I might have to go with VHS. Even if I wanted the DVD I am finding it hard to find for sale. I wonder why that is?

I hate the Director's Cut. Not only did they cut out some great one-liners, they ruined the whole movie by adding on to the end.

Back