• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Last day Deer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thing

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I went out today around 3 pm. Sat in area on ground and about 20 minutes into wait, 2 Doe came by. Larger of the two was 56 yards up hill from me. According to range finder. I took the shot . She spun around and ran down hill. At first I could find no blood. Looked for about 1 hr.. I then went back to were I shot from and walked straight to were she was standing. I then found first traces of blood. No much . It looked as though it may be a bad hit. I continued to follow the small amount of blood drops . Then it became more and more blood. Spraying on to trees etc. Roughly 150 yards and lost the blood trail again. I started walking in a circle and continued to expand the circle and found her roughly 40 yards away from the last area of blood. She probably went a true 150/175 yards before going down. A long way out. Thank goodness for utv. 45 cal T.V.M. flintlock .75 Grains of 3 F
36 inch barrel . My light walking rifle for heavy timber areas. I do not recall how to post pictures. Seems like photobucket has changed. Can anyone advise . I will post pictures if you can.

It amazes me how far a deer can go with such a devastating wound! I believe far too many hunters give up and quit tracking and assume they didn't hit the deer or merely "grazed" it. Deer are amazing creatures.

I shot a small buck this year with my .54 cal. I hit it with a quartering toward shot. Took out the heart and part of one lung and the liver. The deer still made it 100 yards. Unbelievable considering the damage done to the internal organs.

Jeff

Good job staying on the trail and finding that deer. The Gods will smile upon you.

Jeff

Latest posts

Back