• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Landon's 1st with muzzle loader.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wvbuckbuster

45 Cal.
Reaction score
IMG_14031.jpg
This past December my grandson Landon got his first deer with a muzzle loader. He was using a Pedersoli 45 caliber. 440 round ball and 60grs 3F. We were set up in a pop up blind on a bench the deer travel thru. The shot was about 30 yards right behind the left shoulder exited thru the right shoulder. She traveled about 50 yds.

wvbuckbuster, that's the finest photograph I've seen here in some time.

Good looking kid. His smile says it all. Good on you for getting him involved in something very worthwhile!!

Thanks for posting and best regards, Skychief.

Wvbuckbuster, that is outstanding that your grandson is learning to hunt correctly with your guidance. That warms my heart for both of you!! Congrats and thanks for sharing!! Greg

One lucky grandson there ! I love the fact that parents/grandparents will take the time to teach their offspring to hunt responsibly. He will remember that first deer his entire life.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Landon is 13 and is quite a hunter as well as fisherman. I hope to be able to increase his interest and desire to hunt and shoot muzzle loaders. Dan.

Back