• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to use aqua fortis and permalyn sealer.
historic house parts brass darkening solution on the metal parts. Like Kibler did in the Shawshank video.
Got it all together. Now it’s time to tear it down and do the finish work. View attachment 136147
Looking forward to seeing how it looks using the brass darkener - I may have to try that on my metal. I have some nitric acid - I may test that on some scrap cherry wood as well. Please post pics along the way while finishing!

I wanted a squirrel rifle but didn't want to carry a heavy one around all day so I compromised by getting the .40. This thing is so light for it's length I now know a .32 would have been fine.
I have a caplock .32 and it will tear a squirrel to pieces with 15 grains of powder if you don't head shoot it, so I'm sure the 40 will be worse.

I wanted a squirrel rifle but didn't want to carry a heavy one around all day so I compromised by getting the .40. This thing is so light for it's length I now know a .32 would have been fine.
I have a caplock .32 and it will tear a squirrel to pieces with 15 grains of powder if you don't head shoot it, so I'm sure the 40 will be worse.
I'm sure a .32 would have been fine, although I've never shot one. The .40 has won many competitions. My person al favorite is .36. That is the limit in my state, otherwise, I'd most likely have a .40. I'm not sure why Arkansas doesn't allow .40. I have gone off-center with my .36, and have rendered a squirrel worthless. I guess I could have made squirrel hamburger!

Historic house parts brass darkening solution.
I like it.
6DF76207-8D27-41FD-BFAC-44F6183C6D33.jpeg
1792936B-B6B3-4C11-BE77-9B64350EA26C.jpeg

Do they sell any left-handed kits or at least a righty kit with symmetrical stock? I looked on the website and did not see anything, but several pages say the website is not complete.

I am building my SMR 32 right now, and progress is going very slowly with it because of my inexperience. So my two cents of information for those beginning a build, think about everything you plan to do; if necessary, take an afternoon or two off to think through the move. Yes, it's prolonged, but it may prevent self-inflicted damage to a work of art from Kiblers.

Do they sell any left-handed kits or at least a righty kit with symmetrical stock?
No, they do not. And unfortunately, with at least 3 others models alleged to be launched (likely ~8-months or more between each, as a guesstimate) ... I think it will be years before we see one, IF at all ...

Back