• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to try my hand at Walnut but I have never ever worked with Walnut and i have heard that it’s not as forgiving as Maple so I was told . :dunno:
I have not assembled a Kibler, as yet. I did build a Pedersoli Brown Bess carbine, with a walnut stock. It was a nice project gun, and I did not notice it being anymore difficult than, say, my CVA Mountain Rifle kits have been.

The Kibler kits, from what I’ve heard, are fool proof, pop together kits…that are simply beautiful.

Got my SMR yesterday. Less than one month from the day I ordered it! I was expecting it to take a few months.
I’ve never seen one in person and have to say it is slimmer, more petite than I thought it would be. I love it.View attachment 133945View attachment 133946
Maybe get a long dowel the same size as the barrel channel and tape it in to support it. I've done that

I stained it with household lye with some accents using Feibings black leather dye. The finish is several coats of MinWax Wipe on poly wiped on and then wiped off after setting for a few minutes.
This is the same staining technique I plan to use on my cherry stock! I have used lye in the past on cherry, oak, and mahogany and the results have always been great - deep, rich colors. I usually wipe it down with some vinegar after using the lye - not sure if it is necessary but figure it doesn't hurt to neutralize the lye.

Your colors look great!

I'm going step by step with Kibler's videos but noticed he installs the ramrod pipes before he pins the barrel to the stock. Back when he made that video the barrels didn't have the lugs installed like they do now. Is there any reason I shouldn't pin the barrel first?

I'm going step by step with Kibler's videos but noticed he installs the ramrod pipes before he pins the barrel to the stock. Back when he made that video the barrels didn't have the lugs installed like they do now. Is there any reason I shouldn't pin the barrel first?

I think he has included an “Order of assembly” in the instructions. I would go with that.

I haven't broke it yet... All I like is fitting the ramrod, installing the sights and filing the proud wood around the buttstock plate. Maple is a harder wood than I expected though.

F76CDE02-182E-4539-B096-CC1AB8557D05.jpeg
C15A7FEC-7EB9-4D74-9BFC-F16156DFF365.jpeg
2B9429EF-B795-45FA-84DB-2A180E9FB775.jpeg

Latest posts

Back