• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Kibler SMR in 36 Caliber - Like New

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a like new Kibler Southern Mountain Rifle in 36 caliber for sale. It was assembled by me this past October. I normally build from scratch but wanted to see how one of these went together and how they shot. Great!!! This one has upgraded maple wood and the barrel and lock are browned. The trigger guard, butt plate and ram rod pipes are fire blued. I fired approx. 50 shots through it and found it really likes 36 Gn's of Swiss 3F w/ a .350 ball and a linen patch.

I am asking $1,500 plus fully insured shipping through the USPS. Because of the length, I estimate shipping to be from $75-$100 depending on where the buyer lives. I take USPS Money Orders or I can take a debit/credit card by phone w/ the additional standard 3.5% fee I get charged.

Below are the pictures I have today. If you need additional pictures, descriptions etc. please advise.

tempImage8L35Ro.png
tempImageVvgNtT.png
tempImageLz5uuf.png
tempImagejQBqPD.png
tempImage61QSE1.png
tempImagec5zCOK.png
tempImagelu10E6.png

Thanks for the compliments guys. These Kibler's are very nice rifles - well constructed and quality parts.

John, after sanding to the desired finish, I either steel wool the stock or use Scotch Brite pads to get my final finish. I then apply Aquafortis, heat it and steel wool again. Next, I coat the entire stock with TOW Original Oil (or something similar) - the number of coats depends on how much the wood will absorb. That is followed by a couple of coats of Permalyn Sealer and then at least one coat of Permalyn Finish. Steel wool again. Lastly, I sometimes follow with a good coat of Bri Wax and use a wash cloth to rub it in after it dries.

I may have a buyer and will know by tomorrow. I will post an update then.

Back