• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler side effect?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't believe that I am the only one that loves flintlocks just to hunt with. WAAAAAY back in the early 70's I tried my hand at the muzzleloader shoots but I was a broke 19 year old with a new baby at home. I had a T/C renagade with a GM barrel and I could shoot as well as anyone and If I didn't win the match, I would be in the top three. Hell if I didn't get a pick off the prise table I might not get to shoot the next match, I needed to win a can of powder.
I quit going because I couldn't afford to be period correct. The fellows in the buck skins always gave me a hard time or snubbed me.
All that was said to explain why when someone says something is not "period correct" the hair stands up on my neck.

I enjoy hunting with black powder guns and seldom hunt with anything else any more. I am now old and well off money wise and can pretty much buy what ever I want. I have 3 October Country rifles that are mighty fine guns. I built my first Kibler a SMR last month and love the rifle. I killed a pig with it before the finish had had a chance to cure. I have a woosrunner coming and plan to hunt bear with it in June.

To me the Kibler guns have given folks a chance to feel like they built a fine gun from a kit that they can be proud of. There is no doubt that I am proud of the one I put together

Are you open to nominations as to which ones to start with?😁
Sir I am sure my clairvoyance would serve me well. I also doubt anyone you nominate would accept.
I do think if a politician has not had one duel in each term he should be ineligible to seek another, as that person lacks the required conviction to hold public office.

I personally don't care for a duel with a politician. They're not worth going to prison over. Besides you'd have to give them three shots at you first before they'd call it fair..? How about just let the Potomac river over flood an wash them all away..? Like that would ever happen.. I'm also disappointed in the San Andres fault too...

Sir I am sure my clairvoyance would serve me well. I also doubt anyone you nominate would accept.
I do think if a politician has not had one duel in each term he should be ineligible to seek another, as that person lacks the required conviction to hold public office.
and I'll be happy to lend my 1805 Harper's Ferry for its demonstrated ability to shoot politicians in duels!! 😁

I am a proud owner of a Kibler SMR in .32 cal. It is the centerpiece of my collection. I have other muzzleloaders which I am proud of for other uses. All of my firearms are tools for the outdoors. If it won't hunt I won't keep it. This is my philosophy, I'm sure ya'll have yours. Have a blessed day!

I don't believe that I am the only one that loves flintlocks just to hunt with. WAAAAAY back in the early 70's I tried my hand at the muzzleloader shoots but I was a broke 19 year old with a new baby at home. I had a T/C renagade with a GM barrel and I could shoot as well as anyone and If I didn't win the match, I would be in the top three. Hell if I didn't get a pick off the prise table I might not get to shoot the next match, I needed to win a can of powder.
I quit going because I couldn't afford to be period correct. The fellows in the buck skins always gave me a hard time or snubbed me.
All that was said to explain why when someone says something is not "period correct" the hair stands up on my neck.

I enjoy hunting with black powder guns and seldom hunt with anything else any more. I am now old and well off money wise and can pretty much buy what ever I want. I have 3 October Country rifles that are mighty fine guns. I built my first Kibler a SMR last month and love the rifle. I killed a pig with it before the finish had had a chance to cure. I have a woosrunner coming and plan to hunt bear with it in June.

To me the Kibler guns have given folks a chance to feel like they built a fine gun from a kit that they can be proud of. There is no doubt that I am proud of the one I put together
One has to wonder if any of the stitch counters has an artificial knee, hip, missing an appendix, cataract surgery or reliance on modern prescriptions.
If it is a juried event or an absolute historically authentic event, then Ok, count yer dang stitches. If not, be helpful, not condescending.
Years ago A guy at the range was disparaging my T/C. Told him the other in the truck was a very nice flintlock. He informed me that it was probably a factory built rifle.
Imagine how quickly he shut up when I showed him a Wayne Watson smooth rifle, carved and engraved.
One of my most regrettable acts was to sell that because I deemed it to good for me to use!
Dang, I miss that gun!

I’ve handled a few Kibler rifles, I can’t afford one at this juncture…. Very impressed with the quality. The owners rave about the quality and accuracy of them. Jim Kibler has set a new standard. Now for my personal opinion which doesn’t mean much. A neighbor has a very heavy chunk rifle. The barrel is made from some axel off of something, the lock with its hand forged hammer is crude, but works. My point? To me, this crude gun inspires me. Some dirt poor fellow worked out the problems he had and made a functional accurate rifle( we shot it) out of what he had. With limited tools. Many of us here grew up dirt poor and had to use our talents and brains make something we couldn’t afford. Yes, Kiblers are the gold standard, the man is a genius. The kits go together well. But I get more satisfaction forging, carving and making just what I want, with what I have. We can’t lose that spirit…. This post is not meant to insult Jim K or anyone.

That's 4 votes for the bess so far!!!
Midway usa right now
$1700!!!!
My India made bess was nearly a third of that cost!!! And I'll gladly shoot it over that pedersoli! I'd pay $1700 for a kibler bess however😉😉

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240312_201440_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240312_201440_Chrome.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I don't own a Kibler because I'm cheap period. I like the SMR but I absolutely hate cast parts. Also there's just no challenge for me in putting his kits together.
For me I don't know how much more Jim can do to make them anymore simpler. I guess I just like building from a plank an making my own parts.
I also an I'm weird. Fixing my own screw ups...lol
But none the less Kiblers kits in my opinion are the best...!

Back