• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler barrels

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a special guy here that does that professionally. I hope he stops by or someone else can ID him.. My quick answer is a Yes.

I would inquire with Kibler. With the barrels usually swamped, they are pretty waspish in the middle.

You need the waist measurements of the barrel. The Rice Barrels site lists profile measurements and calibers per profile. Some will go to .62 and some won't. You need the profile measurements of Kibler's barrel. With no rifling to consider there might be .040" that could be reamed out of a smoothbore. Better to get a lighter weight fowler.

Last edited:
You need the waist measurements of the barrel. The Rice Barrels site lists profile measurements and calibers per profile. Some will go to .62 and some won't. You need the profile measurements of Kibler's barrel. With no rifleing to consider there might be .040" that could be reamed out of a smoothbore. Better to get a lighter weight fowler.
I was looking to get a .58 rifled and get a smoothbore barrel to go with it.

For that you need to email Kibler. He is good about answering emails. The way I heard it was that his larger caliber barrels are rifled by Green Mountain, and he profiles them. He may not have a .62.
If he will sell you a second .58 barrel, it will fit correctly, and you could get it reamed by Bobby Hoyt.

The limitation on boring a barrel, is breechplug diameter. You can’t go so large, that there is no shoulder to seal the breech plug against.
I wanted It bored to a .58, but breech plug would not allow it.

Latest posts

Back