• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Just ordered another TVM

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregC

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Early Lancaster, 42" swamped barrel, .54 cal, brass furniture, Premium ++ maple and a single lid patchbox!

This will compliment my .54 cal Iron Pa and .45 cal Southern.

7 months of drooling!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're accumulating a regular arsenal! Do you have a picture of their Iron Penn. to share?

Just got back from the range and i was shooting my TVM early lancaster. You will love it. They are tack drivers. I hope the wait is'nt too hard on you.

Yours sounds like the one I'm saving for only I opted for a 38" swamped barrel. I'm jealous; you'll get yours before I get mine.

Ahemmmmm my 58 cal early VA is ahead of yours by a couple of weeks...... this stuff is as addictive as BRD (blackrifle disease) but a heck of a lot more fun :thumbsup:

You can say that again!

I got a couple of black guns that are rapidly becoming the funding source for my next flinter...

Is there no remedy for this affliction?

I enjoy reading all the good stuff here! And, now it's costing some coin. Placed order for early Lancaster .50 back in Jan. I didn't get a time for completion, but assume August, Sept?
One question for you gent's in the know, what would be a lighter weight, TVM's Virginia or the early lancaster?? Will have .50 38" B weight Rice swamped barrel. Sure do have fun hunting our PA flintlock season!!

SawTooth said:
You can say that again!

I got a couple of black guns that are rapidly becoming the funding source for my next flinter...

Nope. no remedy, no twelve step program. To paraphrase the little green fellow, "Once black smoke smelled have you, forever will it dominate your range time."

(insert mad scientist laugh here) BWahahahahaha!

SawTooth said:

Probably not til you get a couple or so :wink: ...one good side effect for me has been forcing me to look at/decide on purging a ton of stuff accumulated over a lifetime that had just been laying around in cases for years and years...

yep I'm into the group therapy thing.... can see a large group of flinters in the making :redface:

I ordered the same rifle pretty much except in .50 caliber. Mine should get to me by the end of June. Only three more months to go!

I try not to dwell on "the wait!", but whenever I pick up my son's laptop, it's straight to this "costly forum" and the anxiety returns...
.50 cal Early Lancaster
38" B weight swamped Rice Barrel
Chambers Golden age Lock
Davis set trigger
super premium maple
Brass furniture
NO Patchbox
No rear sight
(I'll put on rear peepsight, as that is what I prefer to hunt with!)
Sling keepers

Ordered end of Jan, so I'm guessing Aug or Sept?
Thanks for the education, guys and gals, and "she" doesn't have a clue as to what this adventure is costing! :wink:

Anybody want to contribute toward mine? Getting it before the season opens is a bust. Now I'll be lucky to get it by years end. :( :(

Back