• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Just Bought The Dutch Schoultz System

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not think that I have the only way to rifle accuracy.
Mr. Fleener of Iowa is always in my mind because as far as I can see, he breaks all the rules (mine) and either shoots well or lies about it.
I don't claim to make anyone an expert rifleman.
What I attempt to do it to make a person's rifle accurate.

If you can't get a tight group at 50 yards shooting bench rest you cannot expect to do better shooting off hand. Make sure the rifle is accurate and then work on your stance.

Yada Yada

Dutch Schoultz said:
Look at my web site http://www.blackpowderifleaccuracy.com
It explains my effort as best as I can.

Read the tips. Read the Q&A, read the Must Read Letter.

Don't buy the System

Dutch

I'm a little confused, I read the letter but I don't understand you saying "Don't buy the System". But then I'm easily confused. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Best money I ever spent Dutch. Cloverleafing round balls out of a rifled musket from the bench at 50 yards, and the credit is mostly yours.

Thanks.

Even if one decides not to use "the system" as-is because it doesn't suit your preferences, this is still the most worthwhile $20 one can spend on rifle accuracy, because the information presented and the principles involved can greatly expedite developing your own personal loading system and loads. I got the system early on, and while I ultimately went a different route, I sure as h#ll paid close attention to it in developing something that suited my idiosyncracies.

Thanks again, Dutch,
Joel

Dear Snakebitten,
I said, "Don't Buy" because I am not trying to sell on the Forum.
If you believe all the stuff you are reading these past several days then act on that. Not my efforts.
A lot of my discoveries and theories are a bit controversial so I feel that without understanding them it is best that people
do go for this later collection. Though I will send it to anyone that asks for it.
Weak Eyes ASchoultz

I have just been too lazy to try your system. One of these days I will have to give it ago. I will have to look for the info and read it again. Ther is always room for improment with me and my rifles

Thanks Dutch

Fleener

Spikebuck said:
I got a note from him today after placing my order. Apparently he has saved years of questions he has gotten, and his answers into a 35 page pdf he will send via email to 'subscribers', if they want it. I obviously accepted as then you get to see what others may have misunderstood and already asked questions on and the answers.

I ordered and received Dutch's free PDF file of all the Q & A he has saved from over the years. I want to emphasize that it is a WEALTH of information and insight. And it's free to previous buyers of Dutch's system.

The real purpose of this post, though, is to let those people who have also requested and received the PDF know that Dutch would REALLY like to get an acknowledgement by return email that you received it and what you think of it. Seems like the least we can do.

Black Jack said:
Spikebuck said:
I got a note from him today after placing my order. Apparently he has saved years of questions he has gotten, and his answers into a 35 page pdf he will send via email to 'subscribers', if they want it. I obviously accepted as then you get to see what others may have misunderstood and already asked questions on and the answers.

I ordered and received Dutch's free PDF file of all the Q & A he has saved from over the years. I want to emphasize that it is a WEALTH of information and insight. And it's free to previous buyers of Dutch's system.

The real purpose of this post, though, is to let those people who have also requested and received the PDF know that Dutch would REALLY like to get an acknowledgement by return email that you received it and what you think of it. Seems like the least we can do.

I'm throwing this out to the many members of the forum who have obtained the Dutch Schoultz system. I corresponded with Dutch recently and learned that very few of his "subscribers" have taken him up on the offer of his free 35 page handout of questions he has received over the years from shooters requesting advice to improve their accuracy. It is not a perfectly organized, edited publication but rather a collection of random questions and Dutch's answers. This really surprised me since he is sending it out gratis to any of his subscribers who request it by emailing him at the following address: [email protected] . There are so many shooters who have used his system over the years and speak highly of the results they have obtained that I, too, am surprised that so few have taken him up on his offer. If you are in this group, I encourage you to request it at your earliest opportunity....it is fascinating reading and will benefit you greatly. And it's FREE! All Dutch asks is that you send him a return email letting him know what you thought of the material. By all means, REPLY TO HIM via email with a response and a thank you as he really wants some feedback from recipients as to whether the material was of benefit.

I sent Dutch an e mail and got the pdf file,man some interesting reading and information in it too.I don't think that anyone who shoots smokepoles should be with out either.Even if you don't use the whole system it'll give you insight into what just may fix your sorry shooting.Well at least you won't be able to blame the gun/load anymore :blah: Sent him an email thanking him too...great guy and resource for all of us!!

:thumbsup:
majg1234 said:
I sent Dutch an e mail and got the pdf file,man some interesting reading and information in it too.I don't think that anyone who shoots smokepoles should be with out either.Even if you don't use the whole system it'll give you insight into what just may fix your sorry shooting.Well at least you won't be able to blame the gun/load anymore :blah: Sent him an email thanking him too...great guy and resource for all of us!!
Glad to hear your feedback and that you concur concerning its value. Also glad you took the time to thank Dutch. If more shooters knew what they could get for FREE, there would be a lot more copies going out. As you say, everyone should have both Dutch's system AND the free PDF file.

necchi said:
I just noticed the Accuracy Letters are now a sticky on top of several of the Firearms sections, :thumbsup:
Just noticed this myself. I just hope that those who take advantage of Dutch's generosity and efforts with take the time to send a brief "Thanks" to him at [email protected] . Least we can do.

I have read the accuracy letters and it is amazing how much he sounds like the gentleman that taught most of everything I know about muzzleloaders.

I think perhaps my mentor read his system at one time

That said I have just bought Dutch's system and look forward to reading it all.

Back