• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Johnson County Wyoming

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allyncooper

32 Cal
Reaction score
Where men are men, the sheep are nervous, and there's only been one legal hanging. Bought a Traditions Flint Deerhunter a while ago with the intention of going deer hunting but didn't get to it this year. But learning the ropes (been to the range a couple of times) and loving shooting the smoke pole. Here to learn and enjoy the sport with others. I consider the Traditions Deerhunter an entry level gun, definately see a nice Hawkins style in my future.

You should be able to just about shoot a ball in any direction there and end up with at least an antelope. Welcome to the forum.....loads of good info here !!

Welcome from Michigan
To best learn about useing a muzzle-loader I suggest you read what was written by guys who used them for real. Specifically, The Muzzle Loading Caplock Rifle, by Ned H. Roberts. Roberts was taught by his uncle, based on Civil War experience. Roberts himself later developed the modern .25 Roberts and .257 Roberts rifle cartridges

You shouldn't have hung the sheep; it wasn't her fault. She was not a temptress as they say, just a black sheep of the family.

Hello from Idaho see you at the Rondy.

Back