• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Jeremiah Johnson Movie question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pichou said:
See, if he was a Gander Mountain Man, he could have mail ordered that stuff. :surrender:

And Mad Jack could have delivered it himself on ol' #7

Oh wait...I got mixed up, we're talking about liver eatin' Johnston, not flapjack eatin' Adams :redface: sorry.

Anyway Pichou, that "Gander Mountain Man" line always busts me up :rotf:
So thank you :hatsoff:

In Canada they are called Hommes de Tandy. Not to be confused with Coors de Boise. :haha:

I wonder if Johnson had onions... :confused:

"Jeramiah Johnson" has to be the most influential movie of all times. How muzzleloading/blackpowder and re-enactment/rendezvous particaption exploded after this movie was released. Can anyone who is a buckskinner not have a copy of this movie? :bow:

When the paperback edition of "Crow Killer" came out in the early 70's, I bought a copy. My Dad read it and loved it. The only movie he ever insisted on going to was that one! He was VERY disappointed when he didn't eat the livers!

I believe too that the book states that John "Liver Eatin" Johnston went to Robideaux's store and had to accept a .30 Hawken as that was all that was available. The Movie line had to have come from that.

Johnston went west long after the Rondevous Period. One of my favorite lines from the book was when he climbed a tree after stabbing a Bear. Partner says "Good idee leaving the knife in, makes it bleed more!" Johnston says "I didn't have time ter pull it out!".

Always liked "The Mountain Men" Best though! The trailer has a scene with Heston eating a raw egg after he missed at the '77 Western. He slipped a bullet in his mouth on the way to get it and spit it out after sucking the egg. Said "I knew I hit that egg!".

Qualen I believe, and he was an early user of smokeless powder, too. When Johnson startles him in the cabin and he fires his gun, it produces no smoke. Musta had one of thosr Savage in-line things... :rotf:

Back