• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Jedidiah Smith Documentary

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparky911

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I just watched an awesome doc on Jedidiah Smith on the History Channel called
Taming The Wild West: The Legend of Jedediah Smith (2006)
What an awesome show that was, it really took me back to the 1820's and the hardships those men dealt with.

Jed Smith was one tough SOB for sure.
I'm going to see if I can get it on DVD

Realy was a good show, You can get it at The History Channel store $29.95. :thumbsup:

Sounds good,I'll have to check it out.I also saw one they did awhile back on the mountain men that was really good. :grin:

Glad to hear you guys like it.
It was a interesting experence to be
a part of that and my friends started
kidding me that I have really made it -
I am on reruns internationally!
Jed Smith is a good, complex historical
character in the west, so it was not hard
for all of us to find things to say about
him.
mike.

I just ordered my DVD from the History Channel and it was on sale for 21.46 instead of 29.95

they call it a leap year sale

there are many of the DVD's on sale so now is a good time to buy one

Sparky,
Yup. And used two minutes of my fifteen minutes of fame doing it. It is always strange when you get a call around 9:00 at night and a lady introduces herself as being with Indio Films and my name came up in Hollywood as knowing a little about history. You get off the phone twenty minutes later and tell the wife that she will not call back, but it was interesting to talk to her.
Well, she did call back a week or so later and said they wanted me to a interviewer on the show. They will pay all the expenses for me to go down to Scottsdale, can promote my books when they use me as part of the show, but no one gets paid for that when they are interviewed. It is like that in all those shows. A fun time. They had a sound guy, a camera man with two cameras, a make up guy, the producer, a driver and a few others there to do all this. They interviewed me for about two hours, asked me later to work out some problems on the script and then did not give me a credit. (ha) They were short a Native American for the "other" side and asked who to get. So I put them in contact with a friend who did a good job on the show for them.
mike.

Well seeing as how you brought it up Mike... GREAT JOB! :hatsoff: and big Conrgrats. I get a kick when they do shows on our area of interest and get some people who actually live and breathe it so to speak like you and Rex. Overall all, the commentators on that show rank topnotch among the who's who in Fur Trade research. Again :hatsoff: let us know if there are any more interviews coming.

that is great!

Nice to know someone who was involved with that great work!

I consider it a nice work of historical drama
It had me glued to the TV for the whole time.
I loved it and loved the way the historical accounts were told.

I taped the Mountain man And Jed Smith shows :blah: Cost, $4 for the pack of 4 tapes :haha:

Going to have my brother copy it to DVD for me.

Kentuckywindage said:
I taped the Mountain man And Jed Smith shows :blah: Cost, $4 for the pack of 4 tapes :haha:

well ain't everybody got one of them fancy tape machines :surrender:

sparky911 said:
Kentuckywindage said:

well ain't everybody got one of them fancy tape machines :surrender:
LOL.Or them fancy watchin boxes neither. :rotf:

Latest posts

Back