Jas Townsend

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

coloradoclyde

Cannon
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Yep!.....If there is anyone out there doing more, or better....I haven't seen them, but would like to meet them.......

Shooey

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I have ordered a bunch of stuff from JAS Townsend. Never a problem, everything arrives on time. They are doing a lot to encourage people to get started in living history too, so I like to support them.

Maestro

Reaction score
I've bought a lot of "stuff" from Jas. Townsend & Son over the years and can only say good things about them. :thumbsup:

sepiatone

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Nothing but great products and service from them. I also enjoy watching their youtube videos.

KLWeaver

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I know my brother Silky921 recently made a post of Jas Townsend, but I visited their store front yesterday in the tiny antique town of Pierceton, Indiana. As soon I arrived, I was welcomed by Ryan Kerr, the man who seemed to run the shop and within minutes he offered me a tour.

I was greeted by Jon Townsend youngest daughter, Ivy, and if you've watched their YouTube channel or frequent their magazine, you have seen her modeling their clothing and doing videos for their channel. She immediately took over the tour and started buzzing us through the maze of rooms throughout their warehouse.

Lantern mecca in the warehouse.

An entire room of linen! A sewers dream come true!!

I briefly got to meet Jon Townsend and his director Kevin while they were filmed their Wednesday Q&A, I got to see their studio were they make most of their videos.

The tour continued to the sewing floor, where I was lucky enough to see a super secret hat making machine, I was not allowed to take photos of it though as it is not patented yet, but let me tell you, I will have more respect for their hats from now on.

One of the sewing rooms, though it was missing seamstresses!

I was able to see the room where Whitney, Jon's wife, hand makes all the tents that Jas Townsend sells. She was very friendly but seemed a bit tired! I would be too if I Was slinging canvas around all day long!

After returning to the store front, I was floating on air. I bought myself some new goodies and spend another hour talking with Ryan. I can't wait to go back, it was worth the drive out there. Please stop in to see them or request their newest catalog at JasTownsend.com

Last edited by a moderator:

coloradoclyde

Cannon
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Did they show you the basement?.....They have Zombies working in the basement.... :haha:

KLWeaver

40 Cal.
Reaction score
lol, I looked into the basement and that's so funny because that's exactly what Ivy kept telling me!

SgtErv

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I got a weskit from them recently and man, it is awesome. Fits perfectly. My historical interpreter acquaintances wanted to know who did the tailoring.

spudnut

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I ordered my first tent from them years ago It arrived in Michigan at my house in LESS than 24 hours poles and all,Best mailorder I ever did

Silky921

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Depending on your location in MI, you might not be too far from them. They're approximately 20 miles west of Fort Wayne.

spudnut

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Silky921 said:
Depending on your location in MI, you might not be too far from them. They're approximately 20 miles west of Fort Wayne.
Still, im thirty miles north of detroit i never got a letter that quick

Silky921

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Got one of their penny knives on a trade from Crewdawg. Believe it retails for $8. I wouldn't shave with it, or attempt surgery with it, but it's well worth the price of admission.

Would buy one again with confidence.

nit wit

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Years ago we went on a buffalo hunt in Kansas. We stopped at the Log Cabin shop and then pushed on to Townsend's. Quite a place, nice stuff. I agree they have the best calendar out there. Great folks to do business with.
Nit Wit