• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Jas Townsend

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have ordered a bunch of stuff from JAS Townsend. Never a problem, everything arrives on time. They are doing a lot to encourage people to get started in living history too, so I like to support them.

Nothing but great products and service from them. I also enjoy watching their youtube videos.

I know my brother Silky921 recently made a post of Jas Townsend, but I visited their store front yesterday in the tiny antique town of Pierceton, Indiana. As soon I arrived, I was welcomed by Ryan Kerr, the man who seemed to run the shop and within minutes he offered me a tour.

20160525_141254_zpssjkibsfk.jpg

20160525_141631_zpsyq1g0abi.jpg

20160525_151551_zpsp3w6ggny.jpg

20160525_141634_zpskf0x621v.jpg

20160525_141704_zpszlbtgthe.jpg

I was greeted by Jon Townsend youngest daughter, Ivy, and if you've watched their YouTube channel or frequent their magazine, you have seen her modeling their clothing and doing videos for their channel. She immediately took over the tour and started buzzing us through the maze of rooms throughout their warehouse.

20160525_141952_zpsqlgmg5jp.jpg

Lantern mecca in the warehouse.

20160525_142643_zpstf2copqy.jpg

An entire room of linen! A sewers dream come true!!

I briefly got to meet Jon Townsend and his director Kevin while they were filmed their Wednesday Q&A, I got to see their studio were they make most of their videos.

20160525_143459_zpst6octvu7.jpg

20160525_143502_zpszw0z6xbw.jpg

The tour continued to the sewing floor, where I was lucky enough to see a super secret hat making machine, I was not allowed to take photos of it though as it is not patented yet, but let me tell you, I will have more respect for their hats from now on.

20160525_143952_zpsbk2ynsa7.jpg

One of the sewing rooms, though it was missing seamstresses!

I was able to see the room where Whitney, Jon's wife, hand makes all the tents that Jas Townsend sells. She was very friendly but seemed a bit tired! I would be too if I Was slinging canvas around all day long!

After returning to the store front, I was floating on air. I bought myself some new goodies and spend another hour talking with Ryan. I can't wait to go back, it was worth the drive out there. Please stop in to see them or request their newest catalog at JasTownsend.com

20160525_151741_zpsmelvgeho.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
lol, I looked into the basement and that's so funny because that's exactly what Ivy kept telling me!

I got a weskit from them recently and man, it is awesome. Fits perfectly. My historical interpreter acquaintances wanted to know who did the tailoring.

I ordered my first tent from them years ago It arrived in Michigan at my house in LESS than 24 hours poles and all,Best mailorder I ever did

Depending on your location in MI, you might not be too far from them. They're approximately 20 miles west of Fort Wayne.

Silky921 said:
Depending on your location in MI, you might not be too far from them. They're approximately 20 miles west of Fort Wayne.
Still, im thirty miles north of detroit i never got a letter that quick

Got one of their penny knives on a trade from Crewdawg. Believe it retails for $8. I wouldn't shave with it, or attempt surgery with it, but it's well worth the price of admission.

Would buy one again with confidence.

Years ago we went on a buffalo hunt in Kansas. We stopped at the Log Cabin shop and then pushed on to Townsend's. Quite a place, nice stuff. I agree they have the best calendar out there. Great folks to do business with.
Nit Wit

Latest posts

Back