• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Jager Kentuckian, .44 caliber

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flipper 17

Pilgrim
Reaction score
This is a Jager Kentuckian, I bought about 15 years ago from a friend. Made in Italy. It has hung on my wall, and I never got around to shooting it. It has a 35" barrel. Lock works: half-cock, and full-cock.
Pictures reveal two tone wood on stock and forearm. This is not a repair. I have seen this on other Kentuckians, as well. Very good conditon overall. Some very minor scratches on the forearm where wall bracket supported it. From a foot away, you cannot see them, but I took a close up pic for full transparency. Also, minor scratching on one side of brass end cap(see pic).
Asking $450.00.
P.S. Zonie had a similar Kentuckian (flintlock) and he was very gracious teaching me about it when I joined this site. May he rest in peace.

flip

Attachments

• Jager10.jpg
    Jager10.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
  • Jager 3.jpg
    Jager 3.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • Jager 4.jpg
    Jager 4.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • Jager 5.jpg
    Jager 5.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • Jager 6.jpg
    Jager 6.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • Jager 8.jpg
    Jager 8.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • Jager2.jpg
    Jager2.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Jager 9.jpg
    Jager 9.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • Jager 7.jpg
    Jager 7.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I see no manufacturer on the barrel. Just Jager, Kentuckian, "black powder only", and ".44 cal.+.
LOP: 13' from trigger to center of butt stock. I don't know how to measure LOP on these curved stocks, sorry.
Pictures Jager4 and Jager5 indicate the small scratches I mentioned in the description.
flip

If by "pinned barrel" you mean the small pins through the forearm and end cap, yes. Four pins in the wood, one in the end cap. You can see it on the picture of the end cap.
Thank you for asking, and God bless Two Feathes

I have a Kentuckian .44 percussion rifle from 1967. It was imported by Intercontinental Arms, and had proof marks and date code, etc., but no other manufacturer name. Definitely a traditional pinned barrel (although I have had mine apart with not any trouble). I have seen some evidently made by Armi Sport. Mine will actually shoot a .440 round ball with a .010 patch. Nice slender lightweight rifle. Zonie (RIP) and I discussed these as well. This is a great rifle for someone to snatch up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back