• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

J. Brown pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George

Cannon
Reaction score
My only flintlock pistol is one made by Jackie Brown, a 20 ga./62 caliber smoothbore. I use it mostly for shooting stumps and rocks, but have taken a couple of squirrels with it, loaded with #5 shot. Maximum reasonable range is 12 yards. Does anyone else use one of these pistols? He offers a quite similar one, his Carolina pistol, but I've never seen one just like this.

JB_pistolA.jpg

JB_pistolV.jpg

Spence

I really dig the nostrilian (aka nose) front sight!

That is one for the records. :thumbsup:

BillinOregon said:
Spence: That's a sweet looking flintie. How does she shoot with patched round ball? I like Jackie's guns.

She's a hoot to shoot, round ball or shot. I am not much of a flintlock pistol shooter, apparently, I am happy if I keep all shots in a 6" circle at 15 yards. I've shot from 15 gr. to 50 gr. FFFg in it, and recoil is what you'd expect with the higher charges. That bird's head grip is neat, but it lets the pistol buck straight up in spite of your best intentions.

Hurts so good!

Spence

Zoar said:
I really dig the nostrilian (aka nose) front sight!

Nostralian?... I love it. Is that a real word, or are you showing your creative wit? Either way, that goes in my file. Nostralian. Who ever heard of such a thing?Describes it perfectly, though, and you do indeed aim with his nose.

I thought Jackie was being pretty creative, too, putting that face on the gun.

Spence

Back