• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE Ithaca Hawken Rifle .50 Cal Unfired

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This rifle is in pristine, unfired condition. Serial number on underside of barrel is 325, which matches the number on the stock's barrel channel. I can't find a mark anywhere on it. Bore is excellent, shiny and new looking. Excellent fit and finish on this rifle. This is one of the original Ithaca Hawken rifles, not the later Ithaca Navy Hawken. $1500 shipped.

Last edited:
I have received a couple offers that were significantly below what I have this listed for, and while I appreciate the interest, something I’d like to point out is that these sold for $420 back in 1977, which adjusted for inflation in 2019 would be nearly $1800, and that’s without tax. Thanks to Bidenflation it would be significantly higher today.

I have received a couple offers that were significantly below what I have this listed for, and while I appreciate the interest, something I’d like to point out is that these sold for $420 back in 1977, which adjusted for inflation in 2019 would be nearly $1800, and that’s without tax. Thanks to Bidenflation it would be significantly higher today.

*Sold pending funds*

Yes, I had originally thought of keeping it and having Bobby Hoyt drill it out to .54, but thought I really didn’t want to alter an original, not to mention the fact that the cost for his service has gone way up.

Back