• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

is that a flintlock in your sporran ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ken ye might singe ye trews should that wee beastie catch ye half cocked.

"Pardon me, MacDonald, but yer dog has been shot and yer kilt is on fire"

Having some Scot im me, I believe the design was to shoot the wearer should his resolve falter and he open his purse in a moment of weakness.

"Hoot Shamus, I would be glad to lend ye six pence, but me leg has not yet healed"

Probably manufactured for British Secret Service in the 18th century for one of 007's ancestors to infiltrate Prince Charlie's inner circle. I can hear "Q" now ,"Do be carefull 007 or you'll go off half cocked"!

That would be quite the conversation piece at highland games today, and doesn't look that difficult to make. :hmm:

In Sir Walter Scott's "Rob Roy," the character Rob Roy McGregor has his sporran rigged with a pistol so that it will shoot anyone who tries to open it the wrong way; ostensibly this would be to deter would be thieves.

I've seen it before, much more bloodthirsty is the bible gun i saw once. Sicilian or neapolitan I seem to recall, but don't ask me where I saw it.
Obviously they left out the ten commandments to fit the two pistol barrels in :)

Latest posts

Back