• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Investarms barrel quality

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtyDusty

32 Cal
Reaction score
I read an article the other day in another forum, saying that at some point investarms had some bad barrels on muzzleloader that were shipped to the states. Does anyone know more details about that and what years the problems were prevalent? I can find the article again.

They had a recall a few years back over some bad breechplugs but don't remember hearing anything about bad barrels.

Only heard about the breech plug issue as well. A quick internet search only found this:

Lyman Products Corp. (“Lyman”) is voluntarily recalling black powder rifles and pistols due to the potential of separation in the breech plug. Lyman maintains a safety-first approach, so despite finding only a few firearms affected and no reported injuries, we are offering a recall program to have the issue corrected. Lyman regrets the inconvenience but remains committed to the safety of our customers.

This recall includes black powder rifles and pistols regardless of caliber (including Deerstalker, Great Plains, Great Plains Hunter, Trade Rifle, Plains Pistol, Black Powder Kits, and replacement barrels; excluding Percussion Left Hand Great Plains and Left Hand Great Plains Hunter models) manufactured from March 1, 2017 to December 22, 2017. Barrels with the serial number in the range of A595960–A599026 are subject to this recall.

In the 90s I worked on two that the bores that had very bad finish, one I lapped out to a useable state the other got sent back and was replaced with one that was just OK. They both looked like dull tools and careless workers were involved. None has gone threw my hands since that time that has been bad.

Back