• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

investarms 50 cal rear sights

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello Folks,
i am pretty new to smokepole burning but really like burning blakpowder.the problem or question i have is that i need a better open rear sight for my 50 cal.the original sight was to low or blurred to allow a good sight picture,@ 75yds i can't focus on the target.i am considering a tc open sight but i dont know if the screw pattern will fit.any info would be great.also any suggestion on replacment open sights for this gun.

50cal.investarms hawkin
lefthand from cabelas. :confused: :confused: :confused:

I would set the rear sight on the barrel till it looked good than dovetail a flat top primitive sight in that spot, out a blade with out a ball on the front

Have you considered filing the rear notch wider? It works for me. I like to see a lot of light on both sides of the front sight.Helps me focus on the front sight.

HOWDY R.M.
I HAVE FILED THE SIGHT ,BUT I THINK I GOT IT TO WIDE .I CAN SEE THE FRONT SIGHT BUT I CANT SEEM TO GET IT CENTERED.I WAS AT THE SHOP THIS WEEKEND AND LOOKED DOWN THE BARREL OF A T/C HAWKIN AND I LIKED THE FLAT TOP BLADE WITH THE CUT SQUARE SIGHT PICTURE. :thumbsup:

THANKS FOR THE INFO I WILL LET YA'LL KNOW HOW THIS TURNS OUT.
THE GRIZZ

HELLO TG,
I HAVE NEVER TRIED TO FILE A DOVETAIL BUT I SAW A JIG FOR A 3/8 DOVTAIL IN DGW WISHBOOK.MABE I WILL LOOK AT THIS IF I CANT FIND A SREW ON THAT WILL WORK.

THANKS THE GRIZZ

There are several good machine shops in your area that can get it done.There is also a good gunsmith that used to shoot with the San Angelo muzzleloading club before they went under.Might call the guys at the San Angelo Gun Club for some names.If you can't make it work,Bring it over to Brady January 18 to the HOTMLC monthly shoot and we will see if we can help.I have some T/C adjustable sights that I have taken off a few guns and went back with the primitive sights.We had our X-Mas party Sat. at Golden Corral so our San Angelo members would not have to drive to Brady and we could go to Christmas at Old Fort Concho.San Angelo is only 80 miles away.

HELLO GREG,
I DIDNT KNOW THAT THEIR WAS A CLUB IN BRADY.I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN MEETING SOME OF THE MEMBERS HERE IN SAN ANGELO.I ALSO WOULD LIKE TO COME TO SOME OF YOUR SHOOTS AND MAYBE JOIN THE CLUB.DO YA'LL HAVE A WEB SITE WITH INFO ON YOUR SHOOTS?I AM GOING TO SEND A PM ABOUT THE T/C SIGHTS.

THANKS THE GRIZZ

Latest posts

Back